AlexisDuprey - Troy Stetina's Metal Rhythm Guitar Vol.1 - Songs 1-6

@roger_holland @Aaronwith2dots thanks!

Another belter Alexis… you are progressing really well… I’m really enjoying following your progress…m I’ve never really listened to much metal music… so every one of the AVOYPs you post is introducing me to this genre of music and I’m enjoying listening to you play… way beyond my play grade to give you any meaningful feedback… all I can say its time for you to join or start a metal band :sunglasses: :guitar:

P.S. your rock study inspired me to give high way to hell a go on the new amplifier with the moves of Jack Black

1 Like

Thanks James! Troy’s lead playing make these sound harder than they are I think, lol. Glad you’re looking at highway to hell, awesome song. that one on the other hand was harder than it looked to me. AC/DC has really tight rhythm and that d/f# was tricky for me. Good luck!

1 Like

Another cracking song Alexis. You’re really getting this rock stuff down. You must be a natural rocker.

I’m really enjoying following your journey and it’s great to see the progression you are making with each new song you do.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan, really appreciate you taking the time to watch.

Finally got chapter 4 of Metal Rhythm Guitar Vol 1 to a point where it’s good enough to post/move on. Lots of stuff in this song make it way harder than the last 3 chapters of Troy’s book. Specifically much more intricate palm muting and 6th comping. It’s not perfect but man is it super fun to play.

P.S. My Glasses almost fell off my face because I can’t play this without looking and there aren’t any breaks!

12 Likes

Hi Alexis,
That was great…fat and heavy :sunglasses: :clap:
good stretches too :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

This is great! That pinky finger as some stretch to it!

1 Like

Those pinky stretches were definitely one of the hardest things to work on for this song. It helped that I did Rock and Roll All Nite by KISS not too long ago because it also has some 6th comping though not as stretchy.

This song took it to the next level since there’s a part where I do a D7! I actually mess up the first time I do it in the recording and mute it by mistake, but I think all the other times I do it they ring true so not too bad.

2 Likes

Definitely not an easy piece to play but you nailed it down according to my ears! :wink: definitely a great workout for your pinky, I would definitely have a sour finger after that! :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome Alex, you’re kicking metal ass.

1 Like

Superb! That is a proper tasty rock sound.

1 Like

Another stonker Alexis. You sure have that rock down.

As others have said, that was some great stretching. :metal:

1 Like

Stretch was so bad that it’s the side of my pink that actually hits the fret, I had to grow a brand new callus which was brutal. :sweat_smile:

That’s awesome Alex! I enjoyed it a lot :blush:

1 Like

Terrific r&r sound there Alexis. Super playing and super stretchy! Well done.

1 Like

Another hard rocking recording, Alexis. Great tone and rhythm, with some extreme pinky stretching going on. Lots to like. Keep rocking.

1 Like

Think you nailed that one!

1 Like

That was another great one, Alexis, and super stretchy. Well done on training that pinky to behave itself.

1 Like

Alexis you thanked us at the end for watching I think it should be the other way around - thank you for posting this- your playing was terrific :guitar: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like