All about Keef: Arthritis changed my guitar-playing

An article on the BBC

8 Likes

That was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing, Stefan!

Not too deep into the Stones’ history, but this one is like a good introduction. There’s most probably a ton more to read about them, but for a first taste on this, it was just good. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Stefan, that was an interesting and inspiring read! I really like those two statements of Richards:

“The fascinating thing is that the more you play it, the less you know it,” he says. “It provides you with endless questions. You can never know the whole thing. It’s impossible.”

“And also, I found that interesting, when I’m like, ‘I can’t quite do that any more,’ the guitar will show me there’s another way of doing it. Some finger will go one space different and a whole new door opens.”

I’ll keep that on my mind! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Interesting article with & about Keith Richards. Keith Richards: Arthritis changed my guitar-playing - BBC News

I like this bit:

But while the Stones sound ageless as ever, Richards’ hands are gnarled with arthritis. Has it affected his playing?

“Funnily enough, I’ve no doubt it has, but I don’t have any pain, it’s a sort of benign version,” he says. "I think if I’ve slowed down a little bit it’s probably due more to age.

"And also, I found that interesting, when I’m like, ‘I can’t quite do that any more,’ the guitar will show me there’s another way of doing it. Some finger will go one space different and a whole new door opens.

“And so you’re always learning. You never finish school, man.”

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I thoroughly enjoyed it :+1:.

Thanks for posting this, great read.

I read the article before seeing the post here, and I actually saved the same quote above :blush:

Interesting thing is, I was having a similar conversation with my Jiu-Jitsu Professor (coach/instructor) yesterday about these concepts of being adaptable and continuously learning. Two things that both Jiu-Jitsu and learning to play the guitar are always teaching me which is what I love about them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for sharing that @SgtColon

2 Likes