All about Keef: Arthritis changed my guitar-playing

An article on the BBC

8 Likes

That was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing, Stefan!

Not too deep into the Stonesā€™ history, but this one is like a good introduction. Thereā€™s most probably a ton more to read about them, but for a first taste on this, it was just good. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing Stefan, that was an interesting and inspiring read! I really like those two statements of Richards:

ā€œThe fascinating thing is that the more you play it, the less you know it,ā€ he says. ā€œIt provides you with endless questions. You can never know the whole thing. Itā€™s impossible.ā€

ā€œAnd also, I found that interesting, when Iā€™m like, ā€˜I canā€™t quite do that any more,ā€™ the guitar will show me thereā€™s another way of doing it. Some finger will go one space different and a whole new door opens.ā€

Iā€™ll keep that on my mind! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Interesting article with & about Keith Richards. Keith Richards: Arthritis changed my guitar-playing - BBC News

I like this bit:

But while the Stones sound ageless as ever, Richardsā€™ hands are gnarled with arthritis. Has it affected his playing?

ā€œFunnily enough, Iā€™ve no doubt it has, but I donā€™t have any pain, itā€™s a sort of benign version,ā€ he says. "I think if Iā€™ve slowed down a little bit itā€™s probably due more to age.

"And also, I found that interesting, when Iā€™m like, ā€˜I canā€™t quite do that any more,ā€™ the guitar will show me thereā€™s another way of doing it. Some finger will go one space different and a whole new door opens.

ā€œAnd so youā€™re always learning. You never finish school, man.ā€

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I thoroughly enjoyed it :+1:.

Thanks for posting this, great read.

I read the article before seeing the post here, and I actually saved the same quote above :blush:

Interesting thing is, I was having a similar conversation with my Jiu-Jitsu Professor (coach/instructor) yesterday about these concepts of being adaptable and continuously learning. Two things that both Jiu-Jitsu and learning to play the guitar are always teaching me which is what I love about them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for sharing that @SgtColon

2 Likes