An Update from Kinger -- I have recorded an EP of 5 songs

Hi Everyone,

Zack here, see this introductory thread for my JustinGuitar history:

My first EP is out in full! I had the songs professionally produced by Ben Greenberg in LA.
Have a listen. I hope they might connect with you and you enjoy the sounds/message.
The EP is titled ‘Irishtown Road’ named after the street I grew up on. For me, it represents the beginning of something (my new venture into music).
The title track reflects upon childhood innocence with the new perspective of adulthood. An appreciation for the carefree and stress-free nature of childhood. Or is hindsight colored rose?

Song themes include:
-the feeling of traveling to a new place and feeling unstoppable, like you’d be the better version of yourself. (New Life)
-cherishing the moment, even as it’s always slipping away. (Hold On)
-the realization that humankind does not know what they’re doing and we will continue to repeat mistakes. (Nobody’s Got It Figured Out)
-love and appreciation for a partner. telling them you love them every day (If You’re Gonna Love Someone)

4 Likes

Dead Zack,

I listened to all five songs and they are really great and to me its sound “in great quality” or how to say it. I finished my Grade 1 last week… is Justins teaching what make you play like this? If so its sooo inspiring to see/listen to this. :open_mouth:
I like all songs but Irishtown Road is my TOP pick. I really like that fingerstyle if thats fingerstyle, would be great to see how to play it. :slight_smile:

Set small goals and play a little every day! Follow along with Justin’s grades and practice practice practice. It’ll be hard, and it’ll be worth it. I left a lot more detail on my quoted post above.

Perhaps I can put some tabs together for Irishtown Road and get them on UltimateGuitar… I will update here when I do this… I may even upload a YouTube video with how to videos of my songs one day! Yes it is fingerstyle!

1 Like

Thank you, I am gonna follow Justin and hope I will be as good as you one day. :slight_smile: If you have time I will be really happy if you make any tab or tutorial. :slight_smile:

As promised!

The D/C# is an odd one. But very useful! Do try it.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool Zack. Congratulations for your great achievement of recording a professional quality EP. It sounds really good :slightly_smiling_face:

I always support people that work hard to achieve their dreams. Good job :+1::muscle: When you are 90, you’ll always remember the joy of having done that and you will be proud.

@KingerMusic Thank you so much, gonna hop on it soon. :slight_smile: Lets fresh it with your Spotify track before. :slight_smile:

Bmadd4 chord… havent tried it yet, guess there wont bed MAD only that chord. :smiley:

You’re welcome. It’s just a Bm played with an open e string instead of 2nd fret. Just a different flavor. Pretty cool move to have in the toolkit! Works on a lot of barre chords

1 Like

Thanks! It’s pretty cool to leave these songs behind even when I depart this world. I created something that didn’t exist before me!

1 Like

Pro stuff! From the arrangement to the voice to the mixing…this is heavy! Should be a nice motivation for everyone to stick to the (Justin) plan. :slightly_smiling_face:

Small thing though but this is just me: When I see a song named “Hold On”, I just have to compare it to Toots and the Maytals aaaand you lose big time! :sweat_smile:

But jokes aside, this is really good stuff you got going on!