Another NGD! J.N "Cask Firkin" 4-string CBG

Well, I’ve been fighting off the pangs of GAS for a while, been jonesing for a Cigar Box Guitar for months now, so when I saw this on ebay priced around 50% the cost of a new one, I put it in my watch list, still dithering about whether to buy it or not. After a few days, the seller sent me an offer that took the price including delivery just under half the new price, and I just hit that Buy Now button! Did I mention that it’s been slightly modded in that it’s an acoustic model that now has a piezo pickup and built-in tuner? Anyone who was watching @Richard_close2u Richard’s Vintage Club session tonight might have seen me rushing to answer the door to the delivery driver to take delivery! But at least I came back and waited for the end of the session before I opened the package! The only thing is, I’ve only recently started playing around with open G so the only tune I can play on it is “Brown Sugar”., which just does not sound right on a CBG - Until you play it through an amp with crunchy settings! :rofl:

11 Likes

Congratulations, Ian, I expect you’re going to have a load of fun with that!

1 Like

Good to see you got a 4 string Ian, looks very nice. Picked up a JD Old Brand C’Box last year from Italy but not had much time to exploit ! Have fun, they are cool bits of kit.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Ian,
:partying_face: Happy NGCigarboxD :sunglasses:
Have fun with it … :sunglasses:

Missed it :frowning_face:

Greetings

1 Like

Happy NGD, Ian :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:! I have absolutely no idea, how this instrument may sound. So maybe you’re post a little song on your cigar Box, when you’ve got the first songs Under your fingers :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun with it :star_struck:.

1 Like

Here’s a taster

3 Likes

Happy NGD Ian! :smiley: :tada:
Congratulations on the great buy too!
You did really well on waiting to open the package :laughing:

:sunflower:

1 Like

Oh, what joy!
Congrats

1 Like

Happy NGD Ian. That looks like an interesting instrument. Always great to bag a bargain,. I hope you have many years of happiness with it.

1 Like