Any advice for someone who is startiing learning guitar again after a 2 years gap? I am a beginner

Any advice for someone who is startiing learning guitar again after a 2 years gap? I am a beginner.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

It is generally a good idea to start at the beginning of Grade 1 and breeze through the information until you catch something you didn’t know or need to practice. This is useful even if you were well past the level of the lesson. The goal is to figure out where you need to pick up.

If even grabbing the beginner chords is rough, then it will probably take far less time to get it back to what you had before your break. In those cases, it is fair to move more quickly than a total beginner would.

If you are moving through the grade 1 or 2 lessons, there are the Nitsuj practices that can give you a great guide on how good is good enough to move to a new module.

Learn to play songs. The one minute chord change lesson is a great one. Make playing part of your daily habit. Fifteen minutes a day is all you need to make progress. Don’t worry if the easy songs you first learn aren’t quite what you want to be doing longer term, getting all the way through them gives you a lot of important foundation.

Most important, find what it is that makes it fun / enjoyable for you. :slight_smile:

Hang in there at first, it’s a bit of a struggle but it soon becomes quite rewarding. And when you stick at it longer term it’s hugely rewarding.

I think I’d go back to first principles and start from the beginning. I guess you’ll be rusty at first but depending what standard you were before you’ll likely progress really quickly so it won’t be quite as tough as starting from zero