Anything but Mine_ Kenny Chesney

I just tried this one a couple times- liked the melody of this one. Let me know what you think.

Jeff

10 Likes

Nice, steady rhythm, I liked the little embellishments of strumming the low strings before full strums at times.

I don’t know almost anything about coming country, so I always have to check the original as well. Did not make it through the original, made it through your version though. I don’t know, if that’s a compliment or not :slightly_smiling_face:

In comparison I liked your “San Cabo” better though, which you played standing up. I’m lacking the technical terms but the mix of singing and playing in “San Cabo” sounded more relaxed and appeared to have better synergy :slightly_smiling_face:

Your playng sure has come aways, Jeff, so much more fluent now, relaxed and smooth plus the guitar sounds good. Well done and keep on keeping on.

Hi David.thanks a lot for the words of encouragement. I have to thank the Justin guitar lessons, moderators, and community members for the support and encouragement as well. The lessons are great and everyone here is always supportive. Have a great day.

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for listening. This one was more of a spontaneous attempt at a song and not rehearsed as much. I just posted for fun and I do that once in awhile to get feedback so I can develop my skills. Have a happy Saturday.

Jeff😎

Hey Jeff,
I thought I was the only one doing some country on here. Good to hear you do a Chesney song! Good tone and play on the guitar. Vox is probably the weakest link of the 3. I know most on here work on guitar, but if one is going to sing. Then I figure they should spend some time there in practice and learning as well…

Overall, good performance,
LB

Thanks for listening and have a great day.

The guy on here who does the most country is Travis. @Traveler has his own music gigs locally in New York State … check his songs out for some great country music.

1 Like

I enjoyed this one also Jeff. I agree with David, your playing has come a long way this year.

Just one small observation, if I may? Try and play with a little more wrist action as opposed to your whole arm, if that makes sense?

Hi Stefan.

Thanks very much for listening. I appreciate you observing that I still need to get my wrist more involved in the strumming. I know you’ve said that before and it is a reminder that I stilll need to work on that. Have a great day.

1 Like

Awesome job @SDKissFan !! This is a pretty tricky song to sing so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. Kenny Chesney is pretty distinct and his range is on the higher end.

I didn’t see your videos from the beginning but it looks like you are making good, steady progress. Keep it up!

Nice one, Jeff! For simply busting it out on an whim you did it well, consistent strum and relaxed chord changes, good stuff. I have a bit of a soft spot for country, my dad was to blame for that :joy: so although I wasn’t familiar with this particular song, I did enjoy it, thanks for sharing :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks very much for the compliment. For the most part s lot of country sings can be played with just a few chords and easy rhythms. I think that’s why I got this one down right away. I play mostly rock music but switched it up for a change. Thanks for listening.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Travis,

Thanks again for the kind words. I enjoyed playing this one, but truth be told I’ve never been to Cleveland before lol. I liked the melody of the song and a few other Chesney songs. Have a great week.

Jeff

1 Like

I’m going to keep on at you until I see it in action Jeff. :smiley:

1 Like

Haha. Thanks for the push :sunglasses: I have you to thank for the encouragement to play standing up. Thanks for that.

1 Like