Arpeggios Anyone?

After hearing Justin discuss arpeggios some time ago (Triad Arpeggios | JustinGuitar.com), I realized that if I wanted to take my musicianship up a notch, this was the way to go. After about 20-25 frustrating hours, I finally made some inroads today. Itā€™s just a start, but what potential- Itā€™s changed everything!

3 Likes

Hey Gary,

Yeah mate, arpeggios, along with triads and CAGED, have been key in my development over the last 6-8 months. I practice/ use them every day. Theyā€™ve been central in really demystifying the guitar, and have opened up the whole fretboard as one continuous structure of intervals. Lots still to learn, but lots of fun too :grin:

Cheers, Shane

3 Likes

Hi Gary,ā€¦
And Shaneā€¦Me too,
Although I havenā€™t gone further than the E and A shape of this one and I have to do some serious work on ā€˜the arpeggiatorā€™ā€¦but thatā€™s more like work :sweat_smile:
https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/dominant-7th-arpeggios-ar-003

Greetings,Rogier

Edit: For those interested, this next lesson started understanding arpeggios for meā€¦
And the last lesson in this module is the Arpeggiator (use wisely and in moderation :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:)
STARTING ARPEGGIOS IN THE BLUES

Spot on - you defined their ā€˜super-powersā€™ perfectly; demystifying and expansive. It feels like a secret door has magically revealed itself and opened a crack. Iā€™ve started practicing them every day, and will until someday, I hope, Iā€™ll be able to use them instinctively. Coupled with the other tools you mentioned, itā€™s ā€™ way coolā€™. Frankly, Iā€™m overwhelmed by the possibilities.