Attaka Pik

Has anybody any experience of these pics. I think this one is called “Attak” version based on some info on the internet.

They were handed out at the guitar club last night had a little go but not sure what they are all about.

Michael

1 Like

New to me but their web site obviously bigs them up and talks a lot about harmonics “Brings out 12-string harmonics on 6 strings”, lost on my ears on the samples. Checked out the audio and this is just my opinion. Acoustic sound like a normal pick. Electric to my ears sounded “odd” and not my java, so never even bothered with the Bass. The link below will give you more info. :sunglasses:

1 Like

never tried them, they super expensive (for picks)

1 Like

Thanks, I hate it

1 Like

Wow that might be useful if you get an itch while playing that you can just reach and this pick fits conveniently in your pick holder… :roll_eyes:… :smile:
Greetings

1 Like

I’ve tried them and think they’re a bit different sounding to a standard pick but not enough to be compared to a 12 string. If you’re heavy handed with your picking you won’t like them, they’re quite grabby!
My favourite one is like a bigger Jazz pick, there’s that bit extra to hold but I had mine early on and had an assortment for postage only.
Do I think they’re worth the cost or hype a big NO from me!

1 Like

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Had a listen but not really sure what I was supposed to hear would have been better if they had done a comparison with a smooth pick. There are some YouTube reviews which I have not looked at but I expect they would do that.
Michael

1 Like

If you played me a back to back of the same licks with a normal pick and that I have a suspicion I’d say the normal pick sounds better, particularly on the electric demo. It almost sounded like some of the notes were a bit muted or not being fretted properly.
Considering the pretty ridiculous price I think I’ll be giving them a miss!

2 Likes

Raymond @LesPaulMoreRay
Not that I am thinking of buying any but had look at uk sites and don’t seem to be that readily available
Michael

I’ve not tried them either dude. Pretty expensive for a pick, but I’m not against that if you know how NOT to lose it. I bought a few Blue Chip picks around 12 years ago and they were pretty expensive. Felt and sounded great, but I lost them all :sob:

1 Like