August 2023–Traveler Live: The Sound Of Silence--Disturbed Acoustic Vibe, Joy Of My Life--Chris Stapleton, Unanswered Prayers--Garth Brooks, Dixieland Delight--Alabama, Keep The Wolves Away--Uncle Lucius

Unanswered Prayers—Garth Brooks

1 Like

Great job Travis, and kudos for getting out there live. I love the Disturbed version of this song and you certainly have the voice for it.

1 Like

Thank you @TheCluelessLuthier !! I love to perform that song live. I’m always trying to add little extra embellishments to it. One step at a time :+1:

Ooh! I enjoyed your show, Travis! Great setup. Great performance. That looked like such a nice venue. I so admire your abilities. Well done!

1 Like

Thank you very much @pkboo3 !! That means a lot for you to say. I still have a ways to go. I keep setting goals for myself, and I changing them up to keep myself on my toes.

I’m getting into some blues studies, and I’m struggling a bit with it, but I’m trying to create more “space” in my songs, and to improve the solo parts through my repertoire.

Gear wise, I’ve been fortunate to basically reinvest gig money into more/better equipment. I’m starting to go down the rabbit hole of pedals now, so that’s my next push—to build an adequate pedal board.

Thanks for listening! I have another gig tonight, and 3 in the next 3 days :+1:

1 Like

Candid “behind the scenes” shot between sets. Guitar work, need a solid roadie. Ha!!

2 Likes

Close but,

No …you need more guitars so no maintenance inbetween is required :sunglasses:

And for all those guitars you need a roadie :grin:

Have fun with all your performances :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

You don’t need the high e string :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ha, yes, that’s true @roger_holland !! I always bring 2 guitars, but I might start bringing 3 to most gigs. I get paranoid when I’m playing live, and I look over at my guitar rack seeing a guitar I can’t use until I do something about it.

1 Like

I kept going with the song @brianlarsen , but it just didn’t sound quite right.

Perhaps that could be a new tuning—call it “high E-less tuning”?! It might fit some songs!

Here is a tune from my gig last night!

Dixieland Delight—Alabama (LIVE)

1 Like

Hi Travis,

I’ve been looking forward to hearing your music. You are amazing as always. Thanks for sharing. You inspire me to work towards booking gigs like that. It’s awesome brother. I did my first Justin guitar open mic broadcast from the beach this morning and some confused onlookers cheered me in. I guess that’s step one towards that goal.

Jeff

1 Like

Thank you @SDKissFan !! That is a huge step towards the goal! Keep practicing, keep playing, a door will open for you!! :+1:

I decided I will do another country song again just because I haven’t in a while. Look out for Tracy Byrd. “Keeper of the stars”. I already got it mostly down.

1 Like

I really liked it, good job Jeff!

Nice Travis!
sounds real nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @tRONd !! I actually have one more clip that might be the best sounding one of all.

Or, I think it’s just that this is my favorite song to play right now.

Keep The Wolves Away—Uncle Lucius (LIVE)

Keep the wolves away is a song i have worked with a couple a months now… i have just put it aside just recently. need to learn to whistle first :rofl::rofl::rofl:
super cool song… please put it out when you are happy with it.

1 Like

Thanks sir.

1 Like

I wish that I had a video of it, but I played in a musical festival this past weekend and was in a lineup with some of the most talented musicians in my greater local area. I was able to get on the stage at the end of the night with the headlining band tor a couple songs. It was an amazing experience.

1 Like