August 2023–Traveler Live: The Sound Of Silence--Disturbed Acoustic Vibe, Joy Of My Life--Chris Stapleton, Unanswered Prayers--Garth Brooks, Dixieland Delight--Alabama, Keep The Wolves Away--Uncle Lucius

Heya all!

I haven’t been very good at getting footage at my recent gigs but I have some from the event that I played at this evening.

The gig went very well, the weather was awesome, and my crowd reception built throughout the evening.

In reference to this moment and video, the high E string broke on my Alvarez two songs before this, and I didn’t quite have it dialed back in yet.

I hope that you all like it!

The Sound Of Silence—Disturbed Acoustic Vibe

12 Likes

This was my flyer for it.

3 Likes

Sounded great Travis! Very enjoyable listening :blush:

1 Like

Thank you very much @SILVIA!! It was an awesome evening!

1 Like

Very well done, Travis! :clap:

Man, you got an awesome voice, wow! What an enjoyable listen. Seems you had some fun up there! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing this one!

1 Like

Hi Travis,
Really great :sunglasses: :clap: and definitely one of your best as far as I’m concerned, I really enjoyed it
Greetings…

1 Like

I really appreciate that @Lisa_S !! It’s got some mistakes in it. My strumming is a bit inconsistent. Thank you for listening!

1 Like

Thank you @roger_holland !! The Sound Of Silence is one of my favorite songs to play!

Congratulations & nicely done!!! Good rendition of an S&G standard! I enjoyed it! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Tod

1 Like

Thank you for listening @CATMAN62 , I’m glad that you liked it!!

Here is another tune from the same gig.

Joy Of My Life—Chris Stapleton

1 Like

Very cool Travis!
You voice is well suited to Chris Stapleton songs! I always crank up “Joy of my Life” when it comes on the radio & your version doesn’t disappoint!!! Nice job!

Tod

1 Like

Thanks @CATMAN62, I play more and more Stapleton all of the time! I aspire to progressively sprinkle more blues in all of my stuff similar to his fashion. You don’t hear it so much in his most popular stuff, but if you check out songs like “Arkansas” and “Midnight Train To Memphis” it’s more blues than it is country. I love the style!

“Death Row” is also a great one.

1 Like

Hello Travis, that was such an enjoyable rendition :clap::+1::blush:. Your voice suits the Disturbed version perfectly :star_struck:.

Really?? I just wanted to state the opposite. If there was some inconsisetancy, I didn’t recognize that :slightly_smiling_face:. Very well played and sung!!

Thanks for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Like Justin says, always keep your hand moving. I realize now it’s really that important. I get wrapped up with that sometimes still when I’m focused on certain vocal parts. It’s getting better but I still notice it. Thank you @NicoleKKB for the nice compliments!

1 Like

Great stuff Travis! I enjoyed that a lot!!!

1 Like

Thanks @Eddie_09 !! I’ve been working really hard at it and things are starting to click :+1:

1 Like

Hats off to you, man.
Getting out there and playing gigs, even producing flyers :smiley:

Great song and well performed.
My favourite version of this is the Paul Simon harmonies with Garfunkel stripped out :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you @brianlarsen !! I really really enjoy performing live in front of people. It certainly has come with its own set of challenges, on top of, and in many ways separate from the guitar journey.

For instance, running my own sound—I didn’t have a clue how complicated it was at first, and it is a completely unique skill compared to playing guitar/singing/performing/entertaining/etc. I struggled quite a bit at first but I’ve been playing 2+ gigs a week all summer, so it gets better, and I learn a few things every show :+1:

Nice job Travis, looked like a lovely location, I’m always impressed and inspired by your live postings. Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Thank you @Notter !! It’s been quite the journey so far. Acquiring live gigging gear has been quite the mission, but I’m very content with where I’m at as far as that goes.

I have a few short term goals of trying to pack lighter, and to eliminate a few pieces of gear, but I can fit everything in my truck right now (with a passenger roadie) so I’m good with that :+1:

Thanks for the compliments and thanks for listening!