Baby One More Time _Britney Spears

This is the song I played at OM16. I decided that I should record it for posterity as well, so did a one take recording the morning after. Interesting how much more concentration and awareness of the Trio and timing that I had this morning, than live in the OM yesterday when I know my timing was off, without even rewatching because I finished before the Trio.

10 Likes

Hi Phil,
Unfortunately I missed the open mic half an hour late (note to myself…ask Toby for a link next time anyway)…

So I’m hearing this for the first time and I enjoyed it :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap: …with a big smile as you perform this song and lyrics :laughing: …absolutely great use of the trio …and occasionally your vocals and guitar playing absolutely the right/perfect dinamic/tone etc :sunglasses:…I would keep this song close to you and definitely come back to it and expand it to perfection, I heard that now and then and you will definitely succeed too…but it was allready really good and fun…thanks
Greetings…

1 Like

In the immortal words of wary American Idol era Randy Jackson you totally made that your own, Dawg! Not at all what I was expecting from the title but brought a smile from my face from beginning to end, and great use of backing tracks - something I’ve started playing with and really enjoying how much more depth and interest it can bring (and I appreciate the extra work that goes into getting it all to work!)

1 Like

Hello Phil, your cover is very enjoyable. The backing track suites perfectly the song and your timing and strumming is very consistent, I agree it does require concentration, sometimes more than I can give. And the singing is nice as well. I used to practice this song a lot, your recording makes me want to get back to it :blush:

1 Like

Hi Phil :wave: this was really good and an improvement from the OM performance, you kept the timing brilliantly and it was a much more polished and smooth version, well played :clap: i can’t imagine what it must be like performing ‘live’ at the OM, I’d probably go to pieces :grimacing: I can barley keep it together when I press record on my phone at home alone :joy:

Well done :v:

1 Like

Great cover Phil. I’ve not watch the OM yet but I thought you did a great job with this one and made it your own.

1 Like