Bach Cello Suite No. 1

Hello people,

For the last few weeks I only had a Nylon stringed instrument, so I wanted to try something a bit different - a classical piece. I always loved to play it on violin so I really wanted to try it someday on guitar! Let me know what you think :wink:

As usual I am always open to constructive criticism and feedback. Have a lovely evening (or morning depending on the time-zone) :wink:

Regards,
Kevin

12 Likes

That was simply lovely, and has put me in a nice restful frame of mind as I go to bed!

1 Like

Very nice. Was it your own arrangement?

1 Like

Lovely! I always like a bit of classical. Well played and great melody and timing.

My comment would be that your “m” finger held tension, making a pluck and buzz a little. I still think it sounded great and was not a problem. The classical instructors would want you to relax as you pluck the string more.

1 Like

Beautiful Kevin. Listening to it, I think this is must be where Steve Hackett got his inspiration for “Horizons”

That was wonderful Kevin. A lovely piece of music and playing.

Well played, Kevin, sounded good, fluent and smooth.

Beautiful Kevin, not much I can say on constructive criticism!! Feedback - I’d love to hear you do more classical stuff, really soothing. :clap: :+1:

Thank you so much for your nice comments!

Uff no, I am far away from being able to create my own arrangements … :smiling_face_with_tear:

Could you comment on that? I didn’t quite understand, but I am very glad about every piece of advice! :smile:

Just listend to it - awesome! Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Beautiful :pray:

Beautiful Kevin. Very smooth and calming. Well played!

I looked at it again. This is really nit-picking, so I hope you don’t take it the wrong way.

I can’t really see what your index finger is doing. The middle “m” finger is plucking from the middle knuckle and seems stiff. This leads to a pull up or across the string, towards the next lower (in tone) string. This results in a less precise sound. To my ear, harder would describe it.

In my classical guitar study, attention is placed in plucking from the first knuckle (the big one at the hand), movement to clear but not really power from the middle knuckle and a stroke across the string such that the tip flesh or nail of the finger gently pushes downwards on the string then releases it as it passes. The tone a bit more precise and smoother.

I hope that makes sense and doesn’t sound condescending or anything. I think you played it very well, definitely better than I could have.

Very pleasant guitar tone.

No nit-picking at all, just some good advice!
I didn’t thought about the picking at all, so it is great to have someone who had classes have a look. :wink: