Back From My Other Life - hello from Patthebunny

Hi Pat, what an incredible story that is one hell of a journey you’ve been on even before the absolute chaos of the last 3 years which sound like they really took their toll on you.

But, what an inspiring tale of the re-emergence and album dusting off. I wasn’t around during the old forum but have found much warmth and encouragement since I have been here. I’m really looking forward to hearing your music. Pleasure to meet you :+1: :wave:

4 Likes

Hi Pat, and welcome back :smiley:

Although you were largely before my time on the old forum, I do recall you putting in a repeat appearance at the old house :smiley:
I’m sorry to hear you had a tough time during the pandemic but good to see the Phoenix rising out of the ashes.
I agree with @roger_holland that if you’re thinking of sharing previous recordings, a learning log would be a cool place to do it. In fact you might just ask one of the mods to shift this thread over and you can just add to it as you like.
I look forward to following your progress :smiley:

(btw. if, as your handle suggests, you are responsible for all those rabbit holes so many of us fall down… Please stop! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

Pat

I am sure the confusion could be growing with navigating our new skyscrapper ! People have been mentioning Learning Logs, so I thought I’d better clarify. As you can see in the link below, these are the new Road Cases, where people use to report gear acquisitions and the occasional progress report. But some have evolved with an almost organic life of their own.

Many from the old forum, copied our old Road Cases when we were beta testing the site before go live but its entire up to you what to do or even if you want one. So while you ponder over that, I would suggest you post any recordings in AOVYP

Hope that helps. By the way just sent you a new message, so there should be a green blob on your avatar photo - just click to see.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Another familiar face making a big comeback, welcome!

That was a well written introduction to the new community and looking forward to hear your album! See you around the forum!

3 Likes

Wow, just saw this thread. Welcome back! What a touching and so real story. As I wear a Justin guitar t-shirt that says “these are difficult times”. They are and we have challenges and triumphs, as you express in your story. Here’s to more triumphs and joy, for you and everyone.

3 Likes

Hello Pat, welcome back. I’m looking forward to hearing your music.

2 Likes

Good to have you back on board Pat, I think that I may have just missed you when I joined. You’ve been through the wringer, but have the will to come back I’ve got a lot of respect for that, been there also (with fibromyalgia) just starting to try getting back into regular playing again and maybe having a go at Bass!

3 Likes

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome, I had no expectations that so many of the early birds were still here! I had no expectations I’d get so many responses!

It’s going to take a while to figure out who goes with what music, please be patient. I can’t check in every day right now, but I will when I can. I have a lot of crazy things to share.

Xxxx
PTB

5 Likes

We do love crazy things, it makes life interesting. I’m looking forward to your future shares.

3 Likes

Hi Pat, I really appreciated hearing your story. It says a lot about perseverance and, no matter how much time passes in between, continuing to come back to things you love and that are valuable to you. Welcome back!

1 Like

Also, wow!! That’s also a great story in just taking a leap of faith, and what’s the worst that can happen - someone can say ‘no’, right?!

2 Likes

I’ll tell you a secret. It was actually terrifying. Be careful what you wish for. It won’t be anything like what you imagine.

It was also amazing and one of the high points of my life.

5 Likes

Interesting! I could see that. I appreciate that perspective :blush:

1 Like