Back In The High Life Again

Thanks for the kind comments!

No worries @brianlarsen , and no need to adjust your Wifi settings. It’s a grainy filter applied to a very low-light candle-light recording (in the early hours of the morn). Just hoping to soften some of the rough edges. I wish they had a plywood filter on iMovie. :slight_smile:

Was not aware of Zevon’s version, will check it out.

1 Like

That was terrific Clint. Sung and played with soul and feeling. The thumb strum really suited the song. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated!

Thanks! I appreciate the comment and kindness. :slight_smile:

Thank you sir!

Wonderfully played and sang. Great share CT.

1 Like

CT showing what can be done with a candle, a 6-string and a heart full of soul.

2 Likes

Wonderful - I knew the orginal Winwood single, but I’ve never heard such a chill version performed. That worked so well!

1 Like

Thanks @Richard_close2u! I appreciate the comment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you sir!

Thanks! Full credit to Warren Zevon’s version.

1 Like

Hey @twistor59, that’s from Warren Zevon’s album “Life’ll Kill Ya”, which is pretty great, I recommend checking it out. Zevon is most famous for “Werewolves of London”, which is a bit of a novelty song (written with 2 friends in about 15 min, btw), but his quieter more serious stuff is his best. “Desperadoes Under the Eaves” is a favourite.

BTW, your avatar seems to be a vaguely phallic Feynman diagram. What’s that about? Are you a physicist?

Thanks @jjw1 - I will have a listen to Warren Zevon!

Yes, for my sins I was a physicist in my younger days, before getting a “real job” in engineering. The diagram in my avatar is a representation of some of the things that happen in the MEG experiment Mu to E Gamma - Wikipedia (I didn’t work on it)
cheers,
Phil

Hey CT! Man this is probably my fav from you! Bravo man!!! I agree with oldhead you should get out and perform this!!t, very cool! Lovely song as well!

1 Like

Thanks Mr B! Much appreciated.

Your welcome!! Anytime!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was great Clint. Very chilled. Excellent playing and vocals.

I think Steve Winwood covered that song back in the 80’s.

Thank you sir! You are correct, Steve Winwood wrote and performed the song originally, I based my version off of a cover by Warren Zevon.

1 Like

So enjoyable Clint. I always love your songs. This beautiful easy- listening song was so soothing and relaxing to sit back and listen to. I may take some of your low-light techniques to cover up my own “rough edges”. However, you yourself don’t really need it IMHO.

1 Like