Back In The High Life Again

Just some guy playing a Warren Zevon cover song on his guit-fiddle:

15 Likes

Wow, Clint, that really drew me in. Your guitar play and singing had me thinking, he’s really in the moment, in the pocket and feeling every strum and word. Nicely performed.
Are you still gigging out? If not not, you should be with a performance like that.

1 Like

You are too kind. Judging by my retention analytics, I would have to buy a lot of rounds of alcohol to keep people engaged. :slight_smile:

Hi Clint,
You sure have some nice filters for your video as that was the first thing I saw and noticed. The second thing I noticed is the opening chords on this sound similar to “Free Falling” by Tom Petty.

Nicely sung, played, mixed and video! I enjoyed this one a lot. Might be one of your better performances that I have seen mate!

Keep up the good vibe and send more this way!
LB

1 Like

Gosh Clint you’ve gone to another level of performance. This is a captivating jewel. Thankyou for sharing.

1 Like

Very enjoyable Clint, and particularly moving. Terrific playing and singing. You had me from the first note to the last. :+1:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Clint, nicely played, thanks for sharing. A correction: the music is by Steve Winwood and lyrics by Will Jennings, not Warren Zevon, who also wrote many incredible songs.

1 Like

Hi Clint,
I stopped the video after a few seconds … took off the guitar and started all over again to enjoy it to the fullest … wow, :sunglasses: :bouquet: :clap: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses: and your voice is absolutely fantastic beautiful unbelievably fine and vulnerable(in the best way) and is 100% worthy of performances on a bigger stage and I would offer YOU one or more beer to keep playing or afterwards when your need to rest…A great thank you…
Greetings,Rogier

Love it, Clint. I really enjoy your song choices, the softer sound of the thumb-strumming, and the vocals always delivered with such feeling, all to create a stellar vibe.

As for retention analytics and what it may or may not mean, beyond me to comment (I just use YT as a platform to host my efforts for purposes of sharing here). I can just say I would be sitting back, going nowhere, if you were playing anywhere where I was out and about.

1 Like

Hey Clint, I really enjoyed that performance. I can only echo @DavidP who summed it up nicely. You play and enjoy; I listen and enjoy.

1 Like

Haha, don’t I feel foolish-
I just commented over on another post that we were due some Clint tastiness… and this was dropped overnight :laughing:
I don’t know the song (and hardly any Zevon), but there’s no need to check it out now as this ticks all my boxes.
Moving, heartfelt, looks like you’re putting your whole self into that tune, man. Kudos.
(only niggle is the crappy quality of my broadband- loads of visual interference with a snowy B/w picture :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Excellent performance, Clint!
Imagine, it seemed to me that it ended too soon, I wanted to continue.
Wonderful soulful vocals and great guitar playing. And very beautiful deep sound of your guitar is amazing!
The video is, as always, interesting.
Thank you for the excellent work.
Leo

1 Like

I appreciate the listen and nice comment! Yeah, another similar I-IV-V progression. I think TP pushes some of the chord changes though.

Singing and playing were captured live off of my iPhone, with a candle on the table in front of me and a (guilty pleasure) live cam YouTube channel on the big screen (🔴 Venice Beach LIVE Los Angeles Stream · presented by the Venice V Hotel - YouTube).
Once again no mix just ambient mic, and a grainy video filter in iMovie. Very minimalistic.

Thanks Maggie! This one had been bouncing around in my head since covid (thanks to the Longmire TV series), finally got around to recording it.

1 Like

Thank you sir! Finally someone to help with my retention analytics. They could sure use a boost! LOL

1 Like

Really enjoyed this, the best I have heard from you!

1 Like

Thank you, and you are correct, sir! I based my version on the Warren Zevon cover, which I feel is a bit more soulful and moving.

Super cool comment and much appreciated! It was a single take, so just happy to capture something with only a small can of clams. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words and support @DavidP!

I joke about YT counts and analytics. They don’t really lie, but they don’t influence my video choices. Just trying to grab and capture inspiration for the most part.

Thank you sir!