Badly designed 'reply' button

Itā€™s interesting to discuss this and in theory, you could dive in and change how it worksā€¦
but a core functionality is bound to overwritten as soon as they do one tiny update to it and all your work is in vain.

I can safely conclude that the quote system is a very good way for th user replying AND the users reading it afterwards. It also supports multiple ā€œrepliesā€ in one post instead of a user double/triple posting because (s)he is pressing reply on every separate post.

The chances of us digging into the fundamentals are slim:

• Itā€™s up to Discourse to make it work
  • Our Dev Kris only has that capacity, which is allocated to more urgent and more impactful items

Personally, I value the notion that this is one of the purest first-world-problems we can imagine :smiley:

5 Likes

I think this is a really brilliant system :sunglasses:, and you can play fun jokes with it :innocent: (and sometimes accidentally use it wrong, but sorry is an easy word to say someone wrote in a songā€¦ :roll_eyes:)ā€¦and every forum should wish something like thisā€¦I donā€™t know any other, but arrange this (if it doesnā€™t already exist) but you the King of that forumā€¦
Greetingsā€¦

Just testing something Lieven ,forgive me using you nowā€¦sorry :grin:

editā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m happy that what is obviously a bug has been replicated, and we have some good workarounds.

Well, Discourse just got some free beta testing and bug replication from the folks here. What is the best way to feed that back to them?

Unless you have a better suggestion, Iā€™ll just post a bug report on the Discourse site and link to this thread.