Badly designed 'reply' button

I rest my case :sunglasses:

I case my rest :angry:

1 Like

that grey arrow is like de ja vuā€¦ Iā€™m sure we have had this discussion before when raised by Gordon

It certainly cropped up in the early days last year. :sunglasses:

Gordon @sairfingers ā€¦ break off your holiday ā€¦ come and do your replies, is this now solved for you too? (or was that it already and are we a bit slow and/or forgetful)
Greetings and have way more fun on your holiday :sunglasses:

no but he hasnā€™t mentioned it again in quite a while. He seems to have made peace with it :smiley:

At least the person the response was intended for gets a notification :nerd_face:

Does it work for me?

EDIT: Yes!

1 Like

And now you see it is missing in your post, as you have subsequently edited it, since you replied to me, :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Toby, I believe you are absolutely correct! Just confirmed when replying in another thread.

I must have seen the bug at least a dozen times, but never made the connection.

what is missingā€¦O the (in post 38 from you) 2 Replies gray on the left down?
I hope thatā€™s what you mean because Iā€™ve never paid attention to that, so I donā€™t miss that either :grin:

Hi Rickā€¦I also had to laugh out loud but thought it was a translation that I didnā€™t understand wellā€¦so I just let it go :smile:

1 Like

See, I can do diplomacy. :rofl:

Thanks Tom! Iā€™m not a developer, but have configured/ā€œdevelopedā€ on several software platforms over the years. These things are indeed difficult to sort, and sometimes itā€™s difficult to even know the source(s) of the issue(s): my configuration? the platform itself? my design? just the way it works but that way is not ideal? Even more difficult to suss when observed behaviors occur intermittently, or manifest differently on different browsers/platforms! :crazy_face:

Iā€™m absolutely not complaining anything hereā€¦Iā€™m very impressed by and grateful to Justin and his team for all the work they do for us.

Judi did you see my response above explaining what is happening and subsequently proved by folks who replied to that post, There is consistency and no doubt Discourse designed that way. This is a feature not a fault,

:sunglasses:

Hi Toby! Yes, I did see your responseā€¦if indeed this is how Discourse is designed, Iā€™d put it in my ā€œjust the way it works but that way is not idealā€ category. It clearly causes confusion. And if itā€™s the case, thereā€™s nothing to be done to make it less confusing!

1 Like

No, the targeted reply button sometimes works for me and other times does not.
Iā€™ve given up using it and use the @username thing.
Iā€™ve realised that there is no point continually raising the same issues. The Discourse platform is what it is. Life is too short to worry about stuff that doesnā€™t matter. :wink:

4 Likes

This is the best response :smiley:

2 Likes

I am having the same issue but I still think people are getting notifications even if it does not appear itā€™s been a direct reply to a reply

1 Like

:grin:
Iā€™m already completely satisfied with how it works, but it seemed so funny to me when Toby suddenly solved your " big "problem ( at least a lot of words went to/on it) from the past so spontaneously, it seemed so logical and that from the mouth of a madman :upside_down_face:ā€¦
So everybody happy :smiley:
:guitar: :notes:

2 Likes

Maybe not everyone but at least there is a logical explanation. Simples. :sunglasses:

2 Likes