Before You Start: Record Yourself!

Please, don’t skip this lesson! It’ll be an important step for our entire Strumming Dynamics journey!

2 Likes

This must be the Strumming Developer Course… Yuppiiii :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face: I’m being very consistent on the Strumming Foundations Course :innocent: Thank you!!!

3 Likes

YES!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so excited to start this course. I listened to a couple of the lessons first and now just to form some ideas in my head of songs to record and then to make them more listenable to audience and my self. So excited to start. Thanks Justin.

2 Likes

Oh goodness. OK. I hate recording myself / listening to myself. Although perhaps it’ll be easier if I can’t see myself as well (sound only). But I’m committed so here goes - these are the songs I’m planning to record:

• All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crowe (done)
  • American Pie - Don McLean (done)
  • Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (done)
  • San Francisco Bay Blues - Eric Clapton (done)
  • Take It Easy - Eagles (done)

(I was also going to do Every Rose Has Its Thorn but it turns out its been too long since I last practiced that!!)

1 Like

Great selection of songs! J

1 Like

I started about 2 yrs ago after a 40 year break and been with the Justin App and site since Dec 21.
Here are my 10 songs that I recorded: It’s only rock -n- Roll, Brass in Pocket, Domino(jessie J Pop), Domino(Van Morrison), Get Back, Lay Down Sally, Wild World, Americal Girl, I Got a Name, Blue Moon of Kentucky. A few differnt styles. Now I’m ready to start SOS2. Here is the link to the 10 songs if anyone wants to check it out. Strumming SOS 2 – Google Drive

2 Likes

Impressive ! You look very good at rythm ! Bravo !

1 Like

I spent some time today to register a video playing a simple blues rythm, it was horrible ! I play all the time with my nose on the neck of the guitar. Till now, I was not at all conscious of that. It will be my next exercices in the coming weeks. Moreover, I am quite old (67), so I know it takes more time to escape the bad habits. Thank you anyway to Justin. The video test is very instructive !

[image]

2 Likes

I added a new version of “Get Back” and “It’s Only Rock and Roll” prefixed with SOS2 which covers the first 10 lessons of SOS2. I changed the strumming to accent more on the up strum. Also changed how I recorded. First recordings I had a mic in front of the amp. The new recordings I was using an audio interface. Recording is new to me, so I need to work on getting a better mix. There is always something new to learn. Strumming SOS 2 – Google Drive

2 Likes

My five songs to record are below, hopefully they will sound much better at the end of this course. Fingers crossed.

Knocking on heavens doors
Stand by me
Peaceful easy feeling
Heart of gold
Sitting on the dock of the bay

1 Like

I re-recorded Lay Down Sally, Blue Moon of Kentucky, It’s Only Rock n Roll, Get Back. I think they sound pretty good. 6 more songs (of the original 10) to go.

1 Like