Beginner 2 consolidation - Yellow Submarine

Thank-you, Leon. Ah, the wonders of modern tech! :fish: :shark: :tropical_fish: :blowfish:

Well done Robert, that’s one of my favourite Beatles songs, liked your spin on it!

1 Like

Thank-you, Darrell!

Well done Robert. Great for sticking with it and singing. Always recall the timing a really swine to master and that was without singing (back in the old BC days). So even better for you singing as well. :+1:
:sunglasses:

Thanks for checking it out, Toby. I really value the feedback I get from the good people of this community.

1 Like

Been wanted to learn this one so I can play for my grandkids. Great job!

Hi Robert, good job. I liked the way you found to sing it. I am practicing the same song and I am perfectly aware of the challenge of keeping the rhythm while doing those regularly irregular chord changes and changing from one rhythm pattern to another. To iron my rhythm hiccups I’ve started my focused practice of the song with all four downs to automatize the chord changes while counting beats and trying to keep an steady rhythm slower than the recorded version. I am still not sure what to do with the instrumental part with the submarine operation noises and voices. Good to hear your public performance was successful.

Andres, you are on the right track and your persistence will pay off. For the instrumental bit β€˜and the band begins to play’ I just tried to match a strum to the bands staccato beat using a D chord for a bar then a G for two bars, or thereabouts. The spoken bit is spoken over a C, Em, C, G, C, Em, C, D progression with the strum on the 1 and 4 beginning on the 4. Getting that strum was hard enough and I can never talk over it without losing time.
Looking forward to hearing your version of the song.

Mike, I had similar thoughts about playing it for my nieces and nephews at some point in time. Both by brothers-in-law are accomplished guitarists so it should be fun.