Beginner Club #4 with Lee | Play, Change and Strum

Let’s explore essential beginner guitar skills: playing, changing, and strumming chords. We’ll apply G, D and A chords in a fun song. Get ready to play along, have a blast, and pick up some tricks!

THU, FEB 01 2024 ·
Check the Clubs webpage for your local time and to Reserve Your Spot here.

Q&A from session

• Tips for controlling a flying pinky finger during chord switches?
  • When using a transition strum, what should be done about missing the last strum of the chord?
  • What should be done with the pinkie finger when not in use during playing to avoid accidentally touching the strings?
  • How can I prevent the bottom of my first finger from muting the high E string when changing to an A chord under pressure?
  • If playing the A chord differently from the standard method, how can I address any technique differences and ensure a smooth transition?
3 Likes

hi @FannyJustinGuitar

I am seeing “UTC-5 (YOUR LOCAL TIME)” in the message. If you were thinking this would adjust for each viewer, it is not. The official page does of course, just not the text here.

[mod edit - I have amended the post above. Richard ]

Other folks: if you are speed-reading the posting, note the time is probably not yours. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @LeeMB for this session.
Could we have a video with the fingers stretching exercises (perhaps an edit from the zoom session recording)?

Great video. Can we please have a pdf of the chords and strumming pattern for Bad Moon Rising?