Beginner's safe space

Thank you.

I agree, I have much more interesting strumming when I’m not signing. You’re right about that, and that’s an area I’d like to improve.

1 Like

Awesome critique, and thank you!

For me, my strumming does get sidetracked when I try to sing. Just opening my mouth used to stop the strumming before, haha. I am going to take your advice and keep that as a future focus.

1 Like

Great first video. You look like you were having fun and not nervous. Can’t wait to see more. Cheers :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Richard!

I should stick with a better posture. I do try to incorporate a variety of positions from standing to a solid wooden chair etc. in my practice routine. Your advice will make me more conscious of that now. It’s easy to get lazy about the details when comfort is involved haha.

1 Like

Awesome David,

I am glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for taking the time to let me know. I am excited to carry on with all the helpful advice I’ve received.

1 Like

Thanks Jason!

1 Like

Thanks James!

Haha, I find myself talking to Justin through out the lessons. Some might find that crazy…
I appreciate the feedback and I’m focusing on the tips I’ve been getting.

2 Likes

I recorded this really quick, i wanted to post a video in this community to stick with my promise to post a video this same week.

Now i’m looking forward to post in the future my full songs with backing tracks for the graduation from Grade 2 (and maybe recorded in Logic because the audio from the phone it’s not sounding that good, but i need to see how much time that will take, i need to manage my time).

I can’t wait to begin Grade 3, but i’m following Justin’s advices to the heart, and i will continue with my consolidation.

20 Likes

Well that’s a debut and a half there Alessandro!! Fabulous playing and mix of fingerstyle and strumming at a quick tempo!
Bravo, can’t wait for your next :clap: :clap: :+1:

2 Likes

We’ll done. Sounded awesome. :+1: :+1: lilnamida

2 Likes

Great debut RJ. Good to have cracked singing and playing together, took me years.

2 Likes

Really well played, you are well on your way with the consolidation.

2 Likes

Hi RJ,
Congratulations on your first video :partying_face: :sunglasses: :clap:,…and what a .it was a pleasure to listen and watch,…you are beaming :star_struck:,…a lot was good ,and I hear something in your voice what if that trained well let lead you to really great things …keep on going :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hi Alessandro,
Wow,…What an entrance… :sunglasses: :partying_face: :clap:.I hope you’re confident enough now to step out of this extra protective environment,(but only if you feel comfortable ofcourse)…what a great first video,.,…Looking forward to your next one :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Thank you Rogier!

1 Like

Thanks Trevor!

1 Like

@Notter @JasonBuk @skinnyt @roger_holland thank you very much!

Do you think that for my consolidation it will be wiser posting in this section one song per time, or the same but within a learning log?

I don’t want to spam, but i need to be listened so i could have constructive criticism in order to chose if the song that i will cover will be good enough to pass the test for grade 2.

Thank you for listening and remembering my name!

1 Like

That’s awesome, it sounds simply amazing :clap::clap::clap::blush::star_struck::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

With this playing Alessandro you are definitely way beyond Grade 1, mate that was really good! Keep posting in whatever form you wish, if you go for full songs I suggest separate posts in AVOYP section, if they half as good as this recording you are more than ready to post it there :wink: all the best!

3 Likes

@SILVIA grazie Silvia :heart:

@adi_mrok thank you, i’m glad that you liked! I ended Grade 2 by the way, i’m consolidating it by nailing on a performance level 10 songs. When i was at the end of grade 1, i wasn’t able to do fingerstyle yet :slight_smile:

1 Like