Beginner's safe space

I can only echo what Paul @mathsjunky said. Bethany, that was really, really good. Constrant strumming, good and conscious rhythm, flawless chord changes as far as I could tell. And… You have a beautiful voice :star_struck:

Would have been nice to see your guitar though :wink: :guitar:

1 Like

Thanks!!
I’ll try to back the camera up a bit next time lol.

Hi Bethany, @bsizzle424
:man_bowing: :clap: :sunglasses:
with a bachelor’s degree in performing music…and that voice … what do you do in the safe place :flushed: … a video with miniscule mistakes, or we have to talk about the sound quality… really super good already…I really know (and remember :grimacing:) that the first post is/ can be quite exciting so that why you post it here ?

But I hope you are free …free now of your nerves because with some amplified guitar sound (well,or not) your performance deserves the “normal” stage now :smiley: ,

I look forward to following your progress with the guitar…keep on going

Greetings,Rogier

Good stuff Bethany. A confident performance with a great vocal. Now you’ve posted your first AVoYP there will be no stopping you!:grinning:

Just put it in landscape position then we’ll see your guitar. Are you left handed? If not you need to change your video settings.
I’ve just looked up one of your other posts where you say you only play your electric unplugged. That explains the sound. The main issue with doing that is that you can’t tell if you’re hitting extra strings and creating string noise etc. String muting is very important on an electric, still important but less so with an acoustic guitar. When you do plug your guitar in you may get a shock at all the extraneous sounds.

1 Like

Thanks that is really good to know. I guess I’ll have to start throwing in some acoustic practice sessions in, maybe play outside. :joy:

Thanks so much! TBH I’m not even sure if my amp works, so I’ll have to look into that lol.

1 Like

That was excellent Bethany. Nice controlled and consistent strumming with clean chord changes. With such a beautiful singing voice as well there will be no stopping you from here. Look forward to hearing more from you :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Really nice! :ok_hand:

Swift cord changes, solid strumming AND on top of that, singing(!). :sunglasses:

For me (who’s building courage to make my own first video appearance) you just passed the Grade 1 with the speed of lightning. :dizzy:

Well done!

Thank you! And looking forward to hearing your playing when you get around to posting :slightly_smiling_face: Better to do a thing than to live with the fear of it :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! I love that song. You’ve inspired me to give that one a go.

1 Like

Have fun!

Very enjoyable Brittany!
Great voice.
Following Justin’s advice to keep the strumming hand moving continuously.

1 Like

I mean Bethany - sorry.

Ok so I’m about 3 weeks into the consolidation stage for grade 1. Generally pleased with how things have gone, chords and chord changes seem good and strumming starting to feel more relaxed.
This is my attempt at posting a video, Eleanor Rigby playing along with the app.
Quite shocked at some of the facial expressions :rofl: and should have spent more time on the video but just wanted to get it done.
Hopefully another week or so then on to grade 2.

Mick

8 Likes

Hi Mick,
Sounds good to me you kept rhythm well and kept your strumming had moving good job :clap:
Seem ready to move on enjoy.

A

1 Like

Mick @micknew
Well done with your first video, a real milestone on the journey.
Michael

1 Like

Hi Mick,
Congratulations on your first video :partying_face: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses:…that’s a big step, and there was a lot of good in it … I liked it :smiley:

And those facial expressions make it even more fun for the viewer :smiley: :smile:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Nicely done Mick.

1 Like

Well done Mick, making good progress, steady rhythm good chord changes. Keep on keeping on!

Congratulations on your first video post Mick.
Coming along well mate. Clean chord changes, good pick attack with the strumming , and importantly, solid rhythm; a massive bonus if you’ve got some natural rhythm.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like