Between the Bars Cover

Learned most of this off Justin’s video

I think for some reason whenever I play this it’s 20 seconds shorter than the original recording but don’t think it differs too much in time feel.

Criticism welcome!

6 Likes

I don’t know the song but it sounded good, maybe the ending was a bit abrupt. Strumming and chord changes good.

1 Like

You look comfortable with yourself and the song Lewis. That translates to a quality that makes it easy to watch and listen to.

1 Like

Lewis, another accomplished performance and largely at a level that makes it hard for me to offer much more than compliments.

I don’t know the song and what you were trying to achieve, so this may be intentional, that said. the few strums on the stretchy barre chord after the single note run, sounds a little muted, maybe the barre is not well formed on the higher strings.

I would suggest you all the recording to run on a few seconds at the end to allow us to appreciate the song, let it fade away, and then switch off.

1 Like

Cheers David! It’s a really weird chord that one that’s not really in any other songs haha. I can play it but yeah when doing the song sometimes ends up a bit muted.

1 Like

Sounded great @lewis2025. Agreed with the others on the abrupt ending. Your playing and singing were top notch.

1 Like

Well done Lewis. I don’t know the song but I enjoyed your performance of it. Look forward to more from you.

1 Like

I am the same here, not knowing the original but enjoyed the song coming from your belt, well done Lewis not much to comment on playing side as you did great!

1 Like

I’m another who doesn’t know the song but I enjoyed your rendition of it Lewis.

Great playing and great singing.

1 Like