Biffy Clyro - A Hunger In Your Haunt (cover)

Hello guys,
Here I am, crawling out of my gloomy cave again.
This time with a cover of a cool band from sunny Scotland, which Mike and I recently discovered for ourselves.
Thank you, my friend, your guitar here raises this cover to a mind-blowing height!
As for the picture, I thought that the girl drinking directly from the neck of the bottle perfectly illustrates the sad story about a broken glass (in the first lines of the lyrics) :wink:
Hope you guys like it.
Lyrics:
The glass is not half full, it’s not half empty
Instead it lays half fucked up on the floor
Reason has gone, purpose has gone
All that’s guaranteed is the fucking state we’re in

We bring nothing in
We’ll take nothing with us when we leave
We bring nothing in

A hunger in your haunt
Are you taking pleasure in the storm?
Brace yourself, here’s a slap across the jaw
Can you fight any devil in your haunt?

My mind is crying out for stimulation
It’s been dark a while so where’s the fucking dawn?
Wisdom no more, eloquence no more
All I loved has broken down and gone to seed

We bring nothing in
We bring nothing in

A hunger in your haunt
Can you fight any devil in your haunt?

(solo)

A hunger in your haunt
Can you fuck any devil in your haunt?

Stream Biffy Clyro - A Hunger In Your Haunt (cover) by crocodile1 | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

I forgot to say - this is a frenzied waltz at a tempo of 177 :grin:

Leo

6 Likes

Wow what a stonking power house of a cover guys. Mike is absolutely on fire and your vocal rip through on this one, especially given the lyric. Volume needs to be maxed out for this for sure.

Hope all is well for you and yours in St P and say hello to Mike Sebastien !

Take care my friend.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Great cover Leo. I went through a Biffy Clyro phase many years ago and they are a very underrated band. Super job!

1 Like

Where the #*% # is the advisory Warning label on this? :exploding_head:
My double espresso now tastes insipid :roll_eyes:

Part of me is happy you have this community as safety valve/punching bag/experimental warfare dept to ‘express yourself’ :smiley:
Great job as always, my friend.
Give my respect and regards to mad Mike :fire:
Outstanding feature on this for me was the powerhouse rhythm section you provided.
Ouch! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

@crocodile1 and @MikeSebastianP Leo and Mike, Honestly, I thought you guys had raised the bar bout as far as it could go, but you’ve done it again. You two have a formula that really works well for you.
Mike, your guitar is superb. Leo, your vocal and production is just outstanding. And I really dug the refrain from 2:36 to 3:26. Very well done and an enjoyable listen.

1 Like

Powerful, gritty and played, performed and produced to a super high standard.
Well done Leo and Mike.

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner,
Thanks, my friend.
As always, you understand everything perfectly. I’m all good. According to information from Mike, he also has.
Leo

1 Like

@Eddie_09
Thank you, Eddie.
I absolutely agree with you about Biffy Clyro. Awesome band!
I’m happy that I stumbled upon them :slightly_smiling_face:
Leo

1 Like

@brianlarsen,
Thank you, Brian!
I promise to be more careful with the age marking in the future :wink:
And I wish you that all your other parts are happy too, each in its own way :yum:
Keep on rocking,
Leo

@oldhead49,
thank you, Dave!
I was very lucky to meet Mike on the Internet at one time.
And we have the same views on the basic things. Although we have never met in real life :crazy_face:
Btw, I like that instrumental piece, too.
Leo

@sairfingers
Thanks, Gordon!
I always read your comments with gratitude.
Leo

1 Like

Leo, that is a super tight production. so powerful. Instruments and vocal all top class.

1 Like

Well Guys,
With a title such as this one, I was almost afraid to open the radioactive contents…! :wink:

What a rocking deal and great production this number was. Mike’s play is still top notch and your vox Leo is fitting the bill well. I enjoyed this one very much. It had a real driving beat and vibe. So much so I thought you were going to go full blown metal at any moment!

But I must ask, where have you guys been? That cave in winter can be cold, dark and musty. Hope you guys get the hint to show up more often!

All the best and keep up the vibe!
LB

1 Like

TheMadman_tobyjenner, Eddie_09, brianlarsen, oldhead49, sairfingers, Willsie01, LBro

Hello everyone, and thank you very much for visiting our topic. I am very grateful to everyone for such great feedback, my dear friend Leo and I tried our best, this work was not quite usual for us :slight_smile: I am grateful to Leo for his ability to find such interesting songs for our covers!
Unfortunately, we currently have difficulties with visiting Internet resources such as soundcloud and some others, so we may have to look for some other musical haven :slight_smile: …it would be really a pity to lose everything that is already posted there… .
And of course we will try not to disappear for a long time, so as not to miss a lot of wonderful music here!

1 Like

Another top drawer production, Guys. Every aspect delivered with style.

Like I said on another post a few minutes ago, you are also in that small group of people who show us the way, if this be the way one wants to go.

Long may you keep sharing your gems with us.

@Willsie01, @LBro, @DavidP,
thank you, guys! Great to read this.
Leo

Ahhhh Leo, that was brilliant. What a great job you have done with this one. Loved it!