Big Star - Thirteen (Cover)

@Rossco01 thank you! Yeah there weren’t many bum notes but I guess it could cause some damage to the hand and might also restrict me further down the line with fingerstyle. It’s definitely something I need to work on.
Thanks for listening!

1 Like

Well done! Such a great song by a great band on a great record!!

1 Like

@howlandwolf I couldn’t agree more! Thanks for listening :smiley:

Always enjoyable, love your voice. I’m practicing fingerstyle at the moment, and I’m unable to use an anchor finger…pinky too short…I prefer without it anyway

1 Like

@SandyMusic thanks for listening and glad you enjoyed it! I’m learning a couple of fingerstyle songs this week and I’m going to try without the anchor finger :smiley:

Not sure how I missed that song, I am probably one of a few in here who actually knows the original, I believe I heard it first in Thats 70s show sitcom, well at least that’s where I think I did hear it.

Anywho, from technical side of view I think all have been said. On a more musical note I would love to hear a little solo that happens I think around 1:30 in your version. Other than that spot on and well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful song, beautifully done my young friend. I’m very well aware of that song and have mentioned it a few times on the old forum. Alex Chilton was another hugely underrated artist that left us way too soon.

I’ve said it before, get your music out there!!

1 Like

@CT it’s such a great song, isn’t it? Always like to meet a fellow Big Star fan!
I’m thinking about a foray into the world of songwriting at some point and I will most likely start a social media page at that point! I might even reveal my face on there!
Thanks for listening, always appreciated :smiley:

2 Likes

Do it. I’ll catch you there. :slight_smile:

1 Like