Billy Idol - Rebel Yell cover (for Andrea)

Itā€™s all been said by the others Jeff. Terrific!! Well done.

1 Like

Dude, that was amazing. What a production. Layer after layer, wigs and all. I think this rock stuff suits you.

Sorry to hear about your dog. We had the same with our two dogs in the last year. Put one down late last year at 15 and the other at 16 earlier this year. I know what it feels like.

2 Likes

Wow! That was amazing! Really well done and awesome to watch!
Loved the wigs too :joy:

So sorry about your puppy though!! :cry: :dog2:
know this too, I lost my boy a while back. He was also blind for a bit
(thatā€™s him in my profile pic)
Also, hope you feel better soon

1 Like

@brianlarsen Thanks so much, Brian! :smiley: Your kind words mean a lot. Iā€™m a big fan of your responses, you make them such an entertaining read! :laughing:

I know, right?! :astonished: :joy: Great fun, try it! (although when I did try it on my PRS guitar which doesnā€™t have the evertune bridge, the string went immediately waaaay out of tune :grimacing: :rofl: )

Totally hear you about Billy being a sell out :joy: in fact that was essentially my thoughts too, but after going through this project and watching a few of his live performances, Iā€™ve gained a new level of respect. The man has talent for sure and can write (along with Stevens of course) a damn catchy tune! :man_dancing: :sweat_smile:

OOooh I like this! :metal::laughing:

Definitely! :smiley: :+1:

Youā€™ve set a new bar, my friend! Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll ever top those heights! :star_struck: :laughing:

Thank you, Andrea! :hugs: Makes me so happy reading this! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah, I might have got a bit obsessed with this project :laughing:

When youā€™re ready/have time, letā€™s chat about this! I bet there are plenty of threads on here already about it, but sometimes itā€™s easier when it is specific to what youā€™re doing/trying to achieve so would love to talk through with you how I go about it :sunglasses:

Thanks again to you for the suggestion! It has brought me a lot of fun! :smiley:
Take care :hugs:

1 Like

@Richard_close2u Thanks, Richard! :smiley: Appreciate your kind words! Yes, when I look back at my first couple of AVOYPs, there actually has been a lot of progress! Due in a huge way to JG, yourself and the other mods as fantastic guides and this amazing community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:rofl:
Yes, good point! Next time! :nail_care:

All good, Serhat! :smiley: :+1:

@sairfingers Thanks so much, Gordon!! :smiley: Really appreciate you checking this out and thank you for your kind words!! :hugs:

@jkahn Thanks, JK!! Well, you were the original inspiration for the wigs, so you only have yourself to blame :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

Hmmmā€¦ maybe :wink: :laughing:

Thank you for your thoughts about our dog, and so sorry about both yours too, they just get to there too quicklyā€¦ universal problem for us all I supposeā€¦

@JasmineJ Thanks so much, Jax!! Really appreciate you checking this out and for your kind words :hugs: You can blame JK for the wigs (see above) :joy:
Thank you also for your thoughts on our puppy :service_dog: And hugs to you for yours as well :cry: He looked like a real cutey!

2 Likes

Credit must be given only to Jeff and the wig, as I already wrote above, it was just a simple flash of inspiration during Jeffā€™s performance at the Mini Gig. Wig+singing somehow led to think at Billy Idol. I donā€™t have done more than giving a simple push in this direction. Like you, I find it exeptionally inspiring how people whoā€™ve never seen each other in real life have a certain connection and it makes ā€œclickā€ and gives somebody an idea to create such a phenomenal performance :slightly_smiling_face:!
All those wigs Iā€™ve seen here within the last days make my ā€œKopfkinoā€ (is there an English equivalent? Means ā€œcinema in your headā€) bubbling in a very funny way. I havenā€™t told Jeff yet, that my initial thought was, that this wig could used for a Rod Stewart lookalike tooā€¦ donā€™t tell himā€¦ :joy:. The black one could be reused too, with a little backcombing, dark eye make up and a lot of lipstick, for a Robert Smith doubleā€¦ I donā€™t tell my thoughts about your pink wig :rofl:ā€¦Cā€™est la cage aux folles, iciā€¦

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t have offered thisā€¦ do you see the huge wave off questions rolling in your directionā€¦? :innocent:
Iā€™ll take you up on thatā€¦maybe, ā€¦if I ever get done some accurate recordings!

1 Like

Simply put ā€œthat was fantastic Jeffā€ :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

OMG, Jeff, that was awesome :astonished::star_struck::+1::clap:!!
Iā€™m really happy, that you did Rebel Yell instead of WW - I absolutely love this song :metal::metal::metal:. About 30 years ago (oh, is it really that long ago :face_with_peeking_eye::grin:?!), I only went to a Bon Jovi concert to see Billy Idol who was the supporting act :star_struck:. And RY is still one of my favourite songs. You played it fantastically well, and absolutely did it justice :clap::clap::clap::+1::+1::+1:.
Your metal-vox and sound effects gave the song a unique vibe :smiley:. And all in all, the video was very entertaining. I just wonder, which kind of wig will come next :thinking::sweat_smile:.

I also love the fact, that this wonderful project grew from Andreaā€™s @Helen0609 thinking-out-loud-moment :star_struck:. At this point, Iā€™d like to thank Andrea for her superb song choice, and you, Jeff, for making her dream come true :hugs:. Thatā€™s simply awesome :smiley:!!

2 Likes

First off Jeff condolences on losing you pooch, never easy and I know where you would have been and most likely still are, having ā€œlostā€ our Sophie in December.

As to the music, well what can I say that has not been said ? Nothing !! What a great cover and stunning multi track. Some great layering especially on the vocals ! Super job. Better choice of the two songs in my opinion.

On the subject of White Wedding, while me and my daughter were waiting for the Roller to arrive to take her to the church, I played her that and Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter. Nothing like a bit of head banging sharing a bottle of Baileys ! Rebel Yell would have been better but the nearest to that I had was some Marker Mark but the missus left strict instructions that I arrived at the ceremony sober (spoil sport :rofl: )

Good memories via a circuitous route ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow Jeff, this is terrific! :open_mouth::star_struck::love_you_gesture: Playing, vocalsā€¦just anythingā€¦and chapeaux for the video production! Youā€™re doing such great progress, at any new video of yours itā€™s like ā€œoh wow!ā€ Pleaseā€¦ more more more :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

:shushing_face: :see_no_evil: :rofl:

:thinking: Hmmmā€¦ more ideas! :laughing:

:rofl: I look forward to it, Andrea! :wink:

@Socio Thanks so much, James! :smiley: Really appreciate you checking this out :blush:

@NicoleKKB Thank you, Nicole! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: So glad you enjoyed it (and I picked correctly!! :laughing:) :smiley: :+1:
Love that you went to Bon Jovi just to see Billy Idol supporting, thatā€™s brilliant! :metal::joy:
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to check this out, really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Thanks, Toby! :smiley: Really appreciate your kind words, mate! :blush::+1: Also, love the story about the wedding! You had to have been the baddest (=coolest :laughing:) father of the bride! :sunglasses: Epic! :bride_with_veil: :person_in_tuxedo: :beers: :metal: :sweat_smile:
Thank you also for your thoughts about our dog, I know that it is probably still a bit raw for you too :cry:

@SILVIA Thank you so much, Silvia!! :blush: Yes, I totally feel like all the recording and OMs this year has really helped me grow as a guitarist/performer. It certainly helps focus my efforts on a single task, which is generally not the case for me! :crazy_face: :joy:
Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement! :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Wow Jeff! You put a lot of work into this and wow did it pay off! Absolutely fantastic!!!

1 Like

@Eddie_09 Thanks, Eddie!! :smiley: Really appreciate you checking it out! Yeah, these projects do become a bit of work but it doesnā€™t feel like that, I really enjoy the whole process. Good to hear from you mate! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Toby, you are a very cool dad!

2 Likes

It was you, who shouted more, more, more in your songā€¦ :rofl:.! I know at least one more person here around to vote positive for The Cure, itā€™s Nicole @NicoleKKB who, like me, had a intense The Cure phase earlier in life. A lot of inspiration to get from their weired videosā€¦gggrrrrrā€¦ ā€œSpiderman is having me for dinner tonightā€ :spider_web: :spider:. Jokes aside, but Iā€™m already curious about your next project!

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Ha, ha, it really seems, that we have quite a similar taste of music, Andrea @Helen0609 :star_struck:. Not to forget Bobby Brown :joy: .

2 Likes

Jeff, that was awesome. Loved the get up, loved the playing, loved the singing and loved the entertainment value of the whole production. Fantastic! :metal:

Here is another one from Billy, not sure if youā€™re aware of it? Maybe a bit more of a laid back one for you to cover if you fancy.

Really sorry to hear about your dog. Itā€™s never an easy thing letting a beloved pet go.

1 Like