Billy Idol - Rebel Yell cover (for Andrea)

:sweat_smile: Ha, ha, it really seems, that we have quite a similar taste of music, Andrea @Helen0609 :star_struck:. Not to forget Bobby Brown :joy: .

2 Likes

Jeff, that was awesome. Loved the get up, loved the playing, loved the singing and loved the entertainment value of the whole production. Fantastic! :metal:

Here is another one from Billy, not sure if you’re aware of it? Maybe a bit more of a laid back one for you to cover if you fancy.

Really sorry to hear about your dog. It’s never an easy thing letting a beloved pet go.

1 Like

Actually The Cure’s “Lullaby” does literally shout for metal adaptation :laughing: I think there might be potential to get it to the Melodic Death Metal side even
 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha, this wasn’t another request :joy:. Now it’s somebody elses turn! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, that Bobby Brown thing again :see_no_evil: :joy:, seems as if German speaking ladys have a hang for inappropriate songs? Did you already learn it, as you planed? A :wink:nd Nicole, I’m almost a bit jealous you’ve seen Billy live in concert!

2 Likes

Tbh, no. I have tried it a few times, but then stopped it. I wasn’t sure, whether it would make sense to learn a song, that I can primarily play in secret :face_with_peeking_eye:.

Andrea, you know, that’s already 30 years ago. My old brain hardly can remember it :sweat_smile:. No reason to be jealous :innocent:.

2 Likes

Hey Stefan! Thanks so much for having a listen, glad you liked it! :smiley: :+1:
Thanks also for your thoughts about our dog :hugs: , she’ll be sorely missed :cry:

:rofl:
Oh yeah, I remember that one! Perhaps this is one of the biggest examples of what @brianlarsen was referring to above of Billy selling out? :joy: Quite the cheesy pop song for someone with a punk heritage :wink: :sweat_smile: In saying that, it takes me straight back to being a kid in the 80s and hearing this played on high rotation on the radio. Secretly kind of dig it
 don’t tell anyone! :shushing_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

:raised_hand: :smiley: Me too! :joy: I had a massive The Cure phase back in the 90s (a bit late for others I suppose but I was too young in the 80s! :child: :wink: :laughing: ).

I like where you’re going with that, Nicole! :metal: More ideas! :thinking: :joy:

:joy:
Hmmm
 well, you just never know
 “
the Spiderman is always hungry” :spider: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh now you’ve got my interest piqued! I need to hunt out what this relates to :thinking: I feel there is a longer story to this somewhere?! :face_with_monocle: :laughing:

1 Like

The discussion came up in this thread (starts somewhere at post 37).

https://community.justing inuitar.com/t/songs-that-make-you-happy/214920/44

Hmmmm
 I always have ideas , :laughing: Swallow the Sun “Firelights” is interesting for various aspects, e.g. I do see a minor connection to some The Cure vibe. It’s a long song though SWALLOW THE SUN - Firelights (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

In contrast, here is a bit more cheerful sounding song. Aephanemer “Panta Rhei” AEPHANEMER - Panta Rhei (Official Video) | Napalm Records - YouTube

But yes, thinking about pop song covers by Metal bands
 This one is weirdly interesting. Finntroll “Can you forgive her” Can You Forgive Her? - YouTube

Sick of my ideas already? :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Your secret is safe with me. :smiley:

1 Like

Instant like :+1: Amazing performance Jeff
 killing it as always!
p.s. sorry to read about your pup

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks for bringing some great ideas, Nicole! You certainly have some interesting suggestions there! :thinking::laughing:
I’m familiar with Swallow the Sun (like that track about the 3m25s mark when they dive into full Black Metal mode :metal::confounded::sweat_smile:) but the other two are new to me. Aephanemer are really cool! Enjoyed that track a lot. The opening riff gives me an Yngwie vibe (well above my play grade :flushed::sweat_smile:) and the singer has got some excellent gruff vocals. But, I think I’ll need to spend more time with Finntroll to understand them a bit better :crazy_face::joy:
Thanks also for pointing me in the direction of the original Bobby Brown thread :wink::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Sandro! :grinning: Glad you liked it and I really appreciate you checking it out! :sunglasses::+1:
Thanks also for your thoughts :dog2::hugs:

Let’s say I’m a bit melodic something, something metal biased :nerd_face: 
 and melodic something metal is quite big here in the Nordic States. Even that Aephanemer (French band) song resp album is produced in Finland :slightly_smiling_face:

Finntroll
 How can I say it best, these guys like being a bit odd. They usually do folkmetal in Swedish
 the Petshop Boys cover is one of less then five songs they seem to have recorded in English :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now, you see, that is one of the (many!) reasons why your part of the world is AWESOME! Heavy Metal is basically in your DNA! :metal: Love it! :hugs: :sweat_smile: Black metal, death metal, melodic death metal, symphonic black metal, post-black metal, progressive death metal, death n’ roll, folk metal, Viking metal, beer metal, Viking beer metal, folk Viking beer metal :joy: You do it all! Legends! :facepunch::confounded:

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yes, it’s difficult living somewhere in the Nordic States (Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland) and not to be drawn to one of these genres at least :slightly_smiling_face: I have to check that folk Viking beer metal however 
 Sounds weirdly fascinating :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear about you furry friend. We lost 2 in the space of 3 months a year or two back. Awful. Waited a year, but we now have a new pup as the house felt too empty.

Gotta love some Billy.
Great energy and performance.
Guitars sound wicked.
Great job on the vocals - raw and totally in keeping with the original.

Awesometastic.

Digger

1 Like

Thanks Digger! Really appreciate you taking time to check this out :smiley: :+1:
So sorry to hear you lost two in three months - that’s terribly sad :cry:
But really glad to hear you now have a new pup at home! :service_dog: It will take a while for us too I imagine, but one day we’ll do the same :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear about the puppy. :frowning: I’m glad music was able to help you through this.

Regarding the video, it is fantastic. :smiley: I’ve noticed I started headbanging towards the end, singing in my mind, “More more more.” :metal:

The tone you have is kick-ass, too, especially the rhythm part. And big respect for the gigantic effort you’ve put into this. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the fact about the ray gun. I’d never guess he used that. :smiley:

1 Like

@nzmetal Your reference made me smile in the OP and Kamil’s brought that back. Even when she was 13 and literally on her last legs, she was still “Sophie Pup”. Shoot 9 months on and I just had a moment. :cry: Must still all be a bit raw for you and yours. :sunglasses:

1 Like