Blackbird - The Beatles

Great performance, Ashwin: played and sung with confidence.

1 Like

Great performance. How long did it take to learn and play Blackbird?

Excellent playing and singing. One of my fave Beatles songs. Thanks for sharing it :slightly_smiling_face:

That was awesome! The perfect thing to listen to with coffee on a Saturday morning.

Great playing and singing all delivered with a quiet confidence. Well done!

As a relatively new player, it’s inspiring to see someone that is further along in the journey, showing an example of where I’d like to be some day.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That was really great! Thanks so much for sharing. This is one I’d like to learn, and only know a bit of it. I’ll keep it bookmarked so I can learn from it.

1 Like

That was an amazing performance. Really liked it. Your voice and playing was really good!
Thanks!

Trond

1 Like

Maybe 2 months or so? I learned the fingerstyle part in about a month, but the hardest part for me is always remembering the lyrics.

I could never sing this and play it at the same time :joy:

You are truly talented!

1 Like

Hi Ashwin
Great performance, playing and singing of a great song, and not it’s the easiest.
Really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
Onda

1 Like

Very impressive. I’ve been working on this one for a while but am unable to get it up to speed yet.
I enjoyed your presentation, thanks.

1 Like

Great job. This is a good one to learn and keep in the back pocket.

1 Like

Sounds great. I’ve been surprised at how tricky the vocal is while still playing. Hope to be able to do it half as well as your performance.

1 Like

Hi Ashwin,
Love the song and you played it well. The vox was spot on. I think the only thing I can suggest is to listen to this hard. Then realize the vox level is being sung with some real hard mic work on certain vocal spots. You might want to try and get that under control as it would improve your overall product. So in summary, work on your vox levels and shoot for more consistency there. One tip is that on louder vox areas of your singing, turn your head a little so your not addressing the mic so fully. Though, you also have to balance that with proximity effects!

All the rock’n best,
LB

1 Like

bam, ball out of the stadium, home run…
Clinical precision without sounding stale (also because of a warm and enjoyable timbre)

Great production, tone and quality as well.

I can imagine that, when you’re not recording, there is even less tension and it sounds even more mellow.

Awesome job. not an easy one to play and specially not to sing with it. Respect!

1 Like

All the superlatives have already been said. Great cover Ashwin looking to hear more from you.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I didn’t think about that.

That was awesome. Do you busk at all? Would draw a crowd I reckon.

1 Like

Nice! We got us a ringer here y’all!

You have this song down pat. The vocals, playing, timing are all spotless and you roll it off like it’s drop dead easy or something. Well done. Nice share!

1 Like

GREAT! I’ve been working on this for a while. I’ll never be able to sing it like that.

1 Like

That was brilliant. :smiley: