Blast from the past!

One last hurrah!
My big brother and I have a 40th year school reunion in Switzerland next week (happens every 10 yrs.) For the last one, I persuaded our l’il bro Conor to join us (he wasn’t invited, but went to the same school) and we had a ball… :smiley:
Poor Conor died 5 years ago, so this year, our youngest brother Anders is joining us instead! (Hope he doesn’t kick the bucket :open_mouth:)
This afternoon I cancelled my Netflix subscription in exchange for a NowTV one to watch Oppenheimer.
How bizarre to see our old school, where we’re going back to next week, popping up 7½ minutes in :open_mouth:
I’m hoping to turn this journey into a ‘road-trip’ extravaganza, so watch this space :laughing:
If all goes well, I might even do a write-up…
Watch this space :wink:

20 Likes

Hope you have a good time mate and it’s not your last hurrah.

Can’t believe you have a 40th year school reunion every 10 years…. How old are you and how many schools did you attend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Lovely picture and story Brian…that’s a big school…

1 Like

Or perhaps an original song….:smiley:
or

3 Likes

Hi Brian,
That`s nice :smiley: have a lot of fun and bring back happy memories with your brothers and about Coner…

And what a school building and nice place WOW :sunglasses:

Greetings

1 Like

I really do hope you do a write up! Your witty post made me laugh even though it was also sad. You are obviously good at writing. I would be too scared to go to a school reunion - after 40 years I’d probably be so weirded out by everyone looking old when I only remember them as they were at school. I do have 7 girlfriends who I’ve stayed in touch with since we were at school about 40 plus years ago.

1 Like

Looking forward to that Brian, still feel for your loss that you have shared with us in the past. Looks a beautiful place, not quite Port Sunlight. Be safe on your travels my friend, hope you and Anders are not to conflicted with the visit,

Take care,

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheers for all the comments and good wishes folks.
All packed and alarm set for 5 am :smiley:

3 Likes

Have a safe journey Brian! Enjoy the trip and looking forward to read/listen/watch a recap!

After watching your jam with Keith I’m wondering what song you plan to rewrite to get a bunch of your old schoolmates in on a jam!

Have fun on your travels :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Safe travels, Brian! :slight_smile: Have fun! :metal::sunglasses:

Have a glorious trip Brian. Livin the dream…
(Try not to cause an international incident :rofl:)

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Be safe on your travels young man. Have a good time with Anders, I am sure memories of Connor will come flooding back when you are there. Get back home safe and well,

Enjoy your trip Brian.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Have a great trip Brian, and behave yourself. :smiley:
I went to school reunion one time and it reminded me why I hadn’t kept up with most of the people there! :laughing:

3 Likes

enjoy the clean air :sunglasses:

Have a great trip Brian and very sorry to hear about your brother.

I’m hoping to see photos of you in the traditional dress.

:smiley:

7 Likes

You can sure see the family resemblance!

Holy cow ,
Three in a row … :joy: :sunglasses: :partying_face:

Have fun boys :sunglasses:

Edit: Hermine says just next to me … hey, they look so much alike … without me saying that you are related :blush:

oh, how I would love to be there, but then I would get rusty :joy:

Them lederhosen are way to long. :rofl:

1 Like