Blink 182 one more time

I aggree with Brian on this Jeff. Youre strumming on the last one was a lot better.
I have watched youre Blink 182 record a few times, i did not quite understand what @brianlarsen ment by downstrums on 8th, but i got it in the end.
I think i can see what you are trying to do there, by just tap the low E before a downstrum. It will get that bluesy «drum/base» effect… that is a very very hard thing to master with just fingers, a bit easier with pick, but still hard. But it needs a muted technic to sound good, and takes a lot of practise to sound good, especially on an acoustic…
i think you are better of just going with an «easy and boring» strumming on this song for now… old faithful as Brian said is perfect foe this song…
i might be way of here… but that is how it looks to me…
keep at it Jeff, i struggle with strumming/rythm related things everyday. So dont give up :grin:

Have to agree.

Jeff this is a good starting point and foundation to build on. That motions is exactly what I have been saying, consistent movement through out the song. Even with that “slow” pace you can experiment with more elaborate patterns, OF as Brian suggests or anything, just keep it slow, consistent and steady, then start ramping up the speed when it becomes natural. The idea is that this becomes your go to approach for all rhythm and you ditch the “stop start” method. It might feel like a step back but from small acorns …

:sunglasses:

I agree with Trond.

You can only gain from enrolling in Justin’s strumming courses. I would start off with the first course with the mindset of a complete beginner and absorb as much as I could get out of the course before moving onto the next strumming course. My strumming left much to be desired until I enrolled in the old strumming course. I think that would take your playing up another level. Keep at it fella, you will get there.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the advice. I’m about to go on holiday for a few days then open mic next week. so I’ll check it out soon. I definitely want to get to a new level though. Been frustrated for a year now not improving much. Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Thanks Toby. I’ll take the feedback as a small step forward in the right direction. Take care

1 Like

I appreciate the honesty and it was motivating to hear I improved on something even a small bit. It’s been a while for me. Have a good one.

Hi Trond. Thanks for the pep talk. I appreciate your advice.

Enjoy your holiday, Jeff. You’ll definitely get to another level if you take your time and trust in the JG strumming course. I can relate to the frustrations mate and can tell you from experience (well from the old strumming course) if you take your time and put your enthusiasm into each exercise laid out for you that you will reap the rewards. It’s pretty fun strumming along with Justin.

Hey Jeff, I enjoyed your sunshine reference, which must have been really aimed at our northern hemisphere friends. As for me, note that the 30 temperature reference is Celsius not Farenheit … it has been more than warm enough here :rofl:

Got it now. The Americans are the only odd ones that use Fahrenheit. Thanks for clarifying though.

Hi Toby.

I’m off to start the SOS strumming course 1 of 3. I’m hoping to change from shy over shy to superb -only -superb with the SOS method. Thanks for the encouragement. I wasn’t happy with my open mic but at least I gave it a go. Maybe next time I’lll get better. Have a great week

1 Like