Blues composition in A

Just a short piece I put together using different ideas I’ve been learning about, mainly from Justin, and one or two others. Feedback and tips welcomed, (and often needed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Cheers, Shane

14 Likes

Hi Shane,

Really delicious, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:…nothing to add,…great job,…Your chill pill has worked :joy:,…Continue on this road :smiley:
Greetings,…

Yas, yas, yaas!

Really nice Shane - unaccompanied rhythm and fills together - great skill.

Thanks for the kind words Roger. Yes the fun and frustration are now back in balance.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thanks Phil. Much appreciated mate. Need to tighten things up a bit, but coming along OK.

Cheers, Shane

Thanks Robert. Much appreciated mate.

Cheers, Shane

Good groove and interesting to listen to. Im trying to put something together like this myself but struggle to make the rhythm interesting, any pointers to any lesson you found useful much appreciated!

That was really cool Shane. There is a pretty famous blues bar I used to frequent here in Chicago called Kingston mines and that would not be out of place if I heard it there. Great job!

Hey Leon,

I find just listening to and learning songs you can pick up some cool rhythms. Also, Justin often rips some cool stuff off in his lessons. Often I’ll record a quick basic version of these on my phone so i dont lose them.You can play around with these and vary them a bit.

Cheers, Shane.

1 Like

Thanks Eddie for your very kind words.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

That was super cool, Shane! :clap: :smiley: Love the tone and feel of it, would be more than happy chilling with a beer, tapping my foot along to that! When’s the full song coming??!? :wink:

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.
Full song? I’ll get back to you :wink:.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Shane, I can’t say something well founded, as I’m far behind you, but that sounded really good to me. You’ve got the rhythm and groove! Really a good piece to listen. Good start into the day. Thanks!

Fabulous blues-rock jam, Shane. Tweak the tone just a wee bit and we can go down Texas way with some of that riffing. Excellent job on blending licks and riffs.

Playing tips above my play-grade. All that I can suggest that might be fun would be to play it over a bass and drums backing. Sure you could knock something up in the DAW, and it wouldn’t disturb the fun and frustration balance.

Super stuff Shane. Coolio bloozio. Well done.

Really good! Like the tone as well!

What gear where you using?

Thanks Helen. Much appreciated.

Cheers, Shane.

Hey David,

Hope all is well mate.
Thanks for the kind words. Having lots of fun atm, discovering new ideas, and stealing some others :rofl:.
The preset I used was actually called Texas Driven. I tweaked it a bit as it sounded a bit too ‘heavy’. Might try adding drums/ bass too as you suggested.

Cheers, Shane.

1 Like

Beautiful arrangement, definitely has that blues rock vibe going on!
A backing track (or just a rhythm section using a looper) would probably upgrade it, but even in this pure form it sounds great

Well done!