Blues Improv in the Key of E

hi Rumil,
great impro.
true sound.
and all the notes are “at the box office”, as we say :slightly_smiling_face:
thank you for sticking to your rule of posting a new video every month, that’s great!
Leo

1 Like

The fast change, one:

Hi, Leonid

Thanks for watching.

Yeah, actually is a good commitment for several reasons. Constancy, progression history, and improving our “live” skills :blush:. I would recommend the same to everyone

1 Like

Quiubo Edgar, nice job. It sounds pretty bluesy to me.

I saw this recording but didn’t have time to comment, bit busy at home lately! Very well done Edgar, some nice phrasing and pretty cool groove you have in there, clearly you feel the guitar and it can be heard in how you play :slight_smile: keep up the good work!

Hola señor. I’ve just started the blues module this week and decided to search for topics about it in this section, which led me to your post.
I don’t know too much about improv yet, but your stuff did not sound like “random notes” as you wrote in the intro :slight_smile: Your improv sounded very very cool. Awesome stuff man!

Nice playing, seem to get a lot of the key points for improv, in time, giving it space, using repetition. Keep up the good work

Thank you all 3 for your time and words :blush:. If it looks like blues… is for the cap :wink:.

Thank you, Adrian!.

It is really interesting what happens with the groove in blues. The first week or 2, I was just struggling with chord changes (much more than I’d had expected) But then it started to get easier and the strumming pattern came on its own. I suspect that because of the shuffle exercises and the blues songs I’ve been listening to over and over again.

Overall, this module is great for having a loop pedal and improvising on your own. So the idea of uploading this month an improv video was kind of natural :blush:

1 Like

Great sound. I love your phrasing. I think you could really work this whole lead line… transcribe it, focus on each individual note, work the licks many times over and find all the variations.

1 Like

You made a point there :thinking:. There are a couple that I specially like that I could develop. But i need to transcribe them to not forget :sweat_smile:.

Thank you, Dan!