Boom Bass with Licks

Loving the MatchMySound feature, really helping my playing

Oh I have been with you off and on for years Justin. I had a small stroke and lost a lot but am coming back and love this blues tune you have on this lesson. I put new strings on my Mini Diesel Maton a couple of nights ago and tonight added some delay and a bit of reverb and it sounds like I know what I’m doing lol. I need a lot of practice for the memory part but I love this sound. Blues are what I love to play and this is a really nice sound. Thanks for this lesson and when I get good enough I will try the new sound play along.
Thanks,
Jan Randles

2 Likes

Hi Jan,
I don’t know you yet, but I’m really sorry to hear that! I hope that you recover greatly and take care so we can all play together for many years to come! Lots of hiking sounds very healthy in any case!
All the best,
Dominique

Regarding the lesson - I had some time practicing and it’s something I am really enjoying!

I have just two little things to say:
For the video - I mean Justin is always striving to make his old lessons better while they were already great, so I certainly don’t want to complain! In fact, it’s kind of a paradise here for the guitar learner! :slight_smile:

While practicing I found it nice to have the different licks numbered in the timebar (navigational bar?) of the video and it would have been even easier to find everything quicker if the TAB sections shown in the video would have had the same numberings.

And regarding the matchmysound feature:
I like that you have the sound and the tabs and score synchronized. Together with the possibilty to adjust the tempo (though at 60bpm the bass sounded very weird) it is a great addition to the video.

And I had the same need for some counting in as some mentioned above. If not incorporated in the software, maybe Justin could add a bar of clicks at the start?
Because if you want to play back in the center, you can always rewind a bit further than where you want to start and listen a part of the last bar to get you into the timing.
But maybe that workaround of a counting in first bar would look a bit odd to some of you?

Regarding the recording function with graphical feedback - in my browser (I tried Firefox and Vivaldi on WIndows), I could only record via microphone and couldn’t select the second channel (the one with the guitar input) on my soundcard. I definitely tried and searched in the Windows sound settings. WIth the microphone I didn’t have so great results, but I also don’t see a need for it. I think I can hear pretty well if my playing sounds as it should.

So the matchmysound playback feature, I like it!

Cheers,
Dominique

PS: now I noticed the slowed down bass (60bpm) sounds ok on desktop, the strange sound appeared only on my tablet.

My favourite lesson!! The new MatcMySound tool is just wonderful

Yes, the count in option was not able to be added in this first round due to how the recording was cropped but going forward it will be there

Thanks for this lessen and including the Match my sound feature. I hope there will be many more lessons with this great tool.

Hi all.
Really like this lesson!
I just wanted to double check the structure of the 12 bars as it’s a bit confusing with the lead in bar and mixing the bass and lead.

Is the basic pattern this?:

| E7 | E7 | E7 | E7 |

| A7 | A7 | E7 | E7 |

| B7 | A7 | E7 | E7 |

Cheers!

Yes, that’s right.

Love this style of playing. Any advice on the plucking hand as to what fingers go with which strings. Thanks

Wow, player is a great tool. Haven’t even got far enough along to use the recording function yet.
Did noticed that when the player is playing in window mode, and set to page rather than scrolling, the page will scroll down when the cursor reaches the bottom. When the player is set to full screen mode the page doesn’t scroll, the cursor just continues down out of sight. You have to manually advance the page to see where the cursor is.
Is this intentional, changed by a setting, a bug?