Bottle of Wine Tom Paxton

Maybe something of a work in progress but thought I’d share it
Criticism welcome

10 Likes

That was really great Lewis. If that’s it in progress it’ll be terrific when it’s finished.
Fingerstyle on an electric….not easy. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks , I shouldn’t admit it but I’m on the electric as I find it easier to get volume when finger picking and feel it seems to me at least, to be forgiving of sloppier finger picking . With acoustic all your mistakes ring out

But not needed here folks. As Gordon alluded fingerstyle on electric fraught with difficulties, especially keeping thing quiet and nothing jumping out here. And to be able to sing while doing that ? Man something I can only dream of. If this is WIP can’t wait for the next instalments.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

What fun. You looked like you were enjoying yourself Lewis.

1 Like

Hi Lewis,
Good performance, :clap: :sunglasses: :bouquet: it made me thirsty :roll_eyes:
Thanks and Greetings

1 Like

Lewis, that’s a lovely song and you did a good job with it!

1 Like

Fun song, jolly vibe, and well performed as always Lewis.

I suspect at your play-grade, majority will be in no position to offer you feedback to continue to improve; however much you welcome and ask for criticism. Or maybe I should speak for myself only, and offering your critique is beyond me.

1 Like

What the heck happened with your avatar David?! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

That has been discussed before…and… :joy: :rofl: :joy:

[image]

@adi_mrok

Well, Adrian, the image was created for the JG Website. I thought it looked cool and would make a great avatar for the Community. My other image lives on in the Community banner. I did wonder if anybody would notice and comment … yes, indeed, a few folk did.

2 Likes

Excellent playing and singing Lewis. I cannot wait to hear the finished song.

1 Like

Sorry Lewis got distracted by David’s new shiny avatar and haven’t praised your play :slight_smile: sounded really cool, bearing in mind it’s (most probably) recorded via phone I admire how clean and nice it sounds. Don’t know the song but after listening to this version I don’t have to anymore :wink: all the best Lewis!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Think I’m being perfectionist and helps to have outside views to make me realise this