Brothers in Arms - Collaboration JK and adi_mrok

Wow wow wow. That was terrific! One of my favourite DS songs and you certainly did it justice. Your lead play was excellent Adi. Great tones and the swell effect worked wonderfully. You must have spent ages learning all that.

Top marks to your rhythm player too! Well done JK, to learn a six minute song you don’t know is no mean feat. Impressed by the chords you worked out too. D#m/A#, F#sus4 and Bsus4. Fancy stuff!

Great collaboration from opposite sides of the world! Well done guys

3 Likes

@adi_mrok @jkahn

Adi and JK, that was a treat to my ears! :clap: What a lovely rendition and a perfect fit to calm down after a long, hard day. :smiley:

Excellent lead work, Adi, and what a lovely tone. Also, I really enjoyed your vox as well. JK, the rhythm guitar was so well done, too. Gentle touch and some tough chord work going on.

Best thing it shows that music knows no boundaries, also no geographical ones. I’m a fan of this collab and hopefully someday, there will be another project from the two of you. I’m really looking forward to this! :smiley:

2 Likes

You make that sound like the easiest thing in the world, and I would have to differ. :slight_smile: They are not easy for lots of people. It took me months to get them and I’m still struggling with changing chords using barres!

love it; great work!
Never managed to muster the courage to take on this one so many, many kudos guys!

1 Like

Brilliant collaboration gentlemen. Something I would keep in my music rotation. Great tone and very well played.

1 Like

wow! That was amazing! So well played and enjoyable :clap: :star_struck:
One of my all time favourites
Thank you for sharing :heart_eyes: :sunflower:

1 Like

This is the song lesson that first led to me discovering Justin’s website and to begin my guitar journey.
Your version inspires me to revisit it and try to play it as well as you do.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Wow guys thank you so much for such a wonderful comments! :heart_eyes: really glad you folks enjoyed the little show we put up together for you!

@RobDickinson @Eddie_09 @oldhead49 many thank for the listen chaps!

No worries JK I can totally relate to lack of time, after all took me 2 days to start responding to folks!

Thanks David, good to hear from you and as usual full of support! Definitely agree collabs are a bright side of this community no doubt!

@Mari63 @Libitina @Malz thank you so much!

Thanks Tobe and also great to hear compliments from madman’s hat! Usually where I only sing and not play along I find it strange to put up a recording of just my face while holding mic in my hand, hence I always restrain from that. Maybe next time? :grinning:

Boris thank you for your words of encouragement! With vibrato I just find doing it this way easiest for me for some reason, but I do agree I probably should have made some sections a bit slower than they came out to be.

3 Likes

Rogier many thanks for such a kind words! I agree it is a pitty to have limited time to enjoy the hobby, but I do cherish every single moment of it even more!

Craig thank you! As for plosives - it could be maybe my mic being over sensitive? There was my neighbours annoying dog barking and some children playing not too far away from my window :grinning: alternatively it could had been a bass boost ramped up too much on fx line of vox? Hard to say!

Thanks Brian, appreciate your warm thoughts! To be fair with swells once you get the hang of it its not too bad. I do feel after relistening a few times I could have done a few more of those here and there, but I am happy with ones that worked out! Hey btw I was thinking of you on my recent business trip to our other side near Warrington, maybe next time around I’ll let you know and we can meet up too like with another forum member you did recently! :grinning: I’ll keep you posted next time around! And I did miss Knopflers vox here too, just wanted to do it a bit more mine! :grinning:

@mathsjunky @twistor59 @Beatup6String thank you so much!

Nicole thank you for your feedback! Really appreciate it. I probably should have played with JKs track a bit more in terms of leaving it a tad louder than I did here and there. My guitar recording came out a bit quiet and since it was a lead I perhaps overcimpensated with the volume of it, note taken.

@Socio @sairfingers @Lisa_S many thanks!

@LievenDV thanks man, I always appreciate your compliments as a person to look up to around here! I wouldn’t call it bravery, more like recklessness :rofl:

Last but not least (for now) - @Avalon426 and @MyDogsGotNoNose thank you!

9 Likes

Very nice @adi_mrok and @jkahn :clap: :clap:

Good to see you back around the community Adi! As always, I’m impressed with your skills. Both of you really complement each other well. JK’s backing guitar was excellent too. What a great collab!

I am not familiar with this song at all, but now I’ll have to go check out the original.

I’ll echo what Nicole said and say I wish JK’s guitar was a tiny bit louder in the mix, but other than that, it looked flawless to me! Amazing job!

1 Like

Sure that’s just up the road :smiley:
Message me when you’re coming next and we’ll roll out the red carpet :wink:

1 Like

Hey Guys,
Nice bit of play here in this one. Probably need to pullup the backing guitar a bit. But no big, it all works and is a great offering.

Gosh Adi, it has indeed been a while. Glad to see you back on and your side kick was a welcome addition!

Take good care,
LB

1 Like

Adi, nice to see ya’ back on here. Great collaboration by the two of you. I enjoyed seeing you both playing in the one video. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one done like this, with two videos merged into one from performers in different parts of the world. I really liked it. You both are such awesome players and singers. Great teamwork.

1 Like

So so good guys well done @adi_mrok and @jkahn I loved it :slight_smile:

i saw this on my YT feed pop up and caught it then but couldn’t find the post on here to give my enthusiastic thumbs up.

Awesome to see you back Adi!

2 Likes

Wowza!! @jkahn and @adi_mrok that was amazing!

You both seemed so in tune with each other. It was very impressive!

JK your progress on guitar has been great to see. I thought that your playing looked very smooth and natural. It wasn’t apparent that you didn’t know this song well until recently.

Adi—your guitar skills and technique look darn near flawless. You hopped around the fretboard like you owned it, and your effortlessly looking bends were tight. You made it look easy, and that is definitely not an easy song to play.

Awesome guys!

2 Likes

@Jenndye429 @LBro @pkboo3 @Notter and @Traveler - many thanks for such a nice feedback! Good to be partially back, although not in as much capacity as I would like to!

2 Likes