Bugger. Three years of being careful but now this

I hope it passes soon for you Richard and that you are back up to full speed.

I guess it doesn’t help when someone misses sending you the OM link. :joy:

1 Like

Ugh! What part of “get well soon” did you not understand? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope it passes soon for you. 6 days is a week too long.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if you start feeling better any day now but still feel “not quite right” or in a brain fog for another couple of weeks. This covid is nasty, I say, nasty. Get well very soon!

2 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better now Richard.

1 Like

Just taken another test.
Still positive.
9 days and counting.
Mrs C for even longer.
The worst has definitely passed but I still have some weird symptoms.
Has anyone else had these?
General fatigue.
My ears feel like they’re full of padding with feint, internal buzzing.
Throaty catarrh that won’t dislodge.

1 Like

Hi Richard and Mrs C,
Oh my… you always have to use a new test, don’t you not know that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:? It’s not like a termometer…sorry for this blandness,

It’s going to take a while for you to regain strength for both of you after such a long time, and it’s nicer if you take turns being sick then one can take care of the other,bad timing.
:apple: :pear: :banana: :cherries: :broccoli: :leafy_green:

The best ,greetings

1 Like

I have seen a bunch of patients with some of these complaints. Especially the buzzing, since I see people with neurologic complaints.

I don’t know what to do about these things. They have not yet proved to indicate anything more concerning than lingering Covid. They seem to go away for the vast majority on a scale of weeks. Occasionally, someone expresses that the symptoms linger longer.

My wife took 3 weeks but then was fine.

Please use your judgement about seeking medical attention of course. Don’t take my reassurance as diagnostic. But likely this too shall pass.

1 Like

Sounds like similar weird symptoms to what I experienced, fatigue in particularly the bout I had a couple of months ago. My first bout of Covid (3 timer here… :frowning: ) I was positive for 12 or 13 days I think so hopefully you’ll be at least testing clear in a couple of days.

Overall I found it to be a good 4 weeks after testing clear before I can say I felt normal again I’m afraid. Horrible thing, keep looking after yourselves :+1:

1 Like

Hey Richard!

How are you doing? Well, I hope!

As a paramedic, I was in a lot of enclosed places with a lot of COVID patients, including some who were very sick. So, I was amazed that it wasn’t until about two years into the pandemic that I tested positive myself. My own bout of it was like a severe upper respiratory cold, lots of coughing and congestion, but my lungs remained clear, so, I may have gotten off easy. I’d like to think that my dozens and dozens of heavy exposures to the virus (and being vaccinated, when it finally became available) helped me build up quite an immunity.

Anyways, get well soon man! Get some rest, drink plenty of fluids, and whatever else your physician recommends!

Best Wishes,
Todd

Edit: Thinking about your symptoms, I think that the generalized fatigue is fairly common. Some people bounce back better and quicker than others, but, it does take time. Interestingly, I didn’t really think about it, but I’ve also had some fullness in my ears since then. I had one of the docs I work with check out my ears, and I had an effusion (fluid build up) behind my eardrums. I wonder if it could be related to my COVID bout last year. I didn’t really connect the two until you mentioned having that feeling as well.

3 Likes

Hi Richard, I’m in week six after positive testing and some very strange things were going on within this period. Apart from typical flu symptoms, I had extreme vision disorders, brain fog and a general fatigue. I’m walking daily with my dog, but that brought me to my pysical limits (I live in the mountains, there’s a lot of up and down). Since yesterday it’s a little better. I’m sure, it just takes some time, rest if you can and maybe try to do some short, slow walks to come back to strenghth. Get well soon!

2 Likes

You haven’t been listening to my blues studies :thinking:

Hopefully you and Mrs C are feeling much better in a few days time. Once you’ve tested negative and still feeling any of the symptoms probably wise to have a check up. Look after yourselves and get well soon.

1 Like

For me, once the initial hit was over, 36 hours with a fever, I quite quickly got back to almost normal except for the fatigue element as you mention. I’d do fairly easy things that would be well within my normal capabilities such as go for a walk and I’d be out for the count on the sofa shortly after. It took several weeks (I can’t remember exactly how long) before that subsided. It was quite unpredictable as I recall. One day I’d be fine and the next the fatigue might be back and I wouldn’t know if i was on a good day or a bad day until I was trying to do something

2 Likes

It’s a weird virus & symptoms take many forms. I guess the positive to take away is that you and Mrs C should have some serious natural immunity once it’s over.

1 Like

I had sweaty feet! For about two weeks afterward. I swear it was the covid finding a way out of my body.

Also had weird littles muscle ache sensations.

1 Like

Hi Richard, hope you’re finally getting on top of your bout with Covid. My wife and I succumbed to it about 6 months ago (while holidaying!). Unfortunately, it does take a while to get back to feeling normal.

1 Like

I recognise that too.
Hopefully your daily walks will get easier and less exerting soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wish you a quick recovery

1 Like

You could say it’s a crap shot… just sayin’!!! :crazy_face:

Tod

Richard, just saw this thread… I hope you & your better half are doing much better & have had a full recovery!
Best of wishes to you & yours!

Tod

1 Like

Thanks Tod, we were knocked sideways for a while, recovered now thank goodness.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes