Bugger. Three years of being careful but now this

@annbin - that sounds like a bad dose. Have you recovered now?
Weā€™ve been getting out of bed, with a struggle, and with aching, fatigued bodies, then basically sitting still in comfortable warm clothes the remainder of the day. Iā€™m not so bad in terms of being mentally fogged out, so I have been coming in to the community to keep up to date and write a few things, but physically Iā€™m wiped and get breathless coughing bouts from just walking a little or dizzy if I stand quickly etc.
Iā€™ve just tested positive again this morning so on it goes.
:mask:

Sounds good any day of the week, covid or not! :slight_smile:

1 Like

get well soon @Richard_close2u . We were only commenting the other day that we have seemingly escaped it OR certainly had no symptoms. Neither my wife, kids or myself have had any symptoms since day 1 and despite testing never got a positive result. That said we did have go to see family last weekend and most have had it in the last few weeksā€¦so a thatā€™ll be a test. Weā€™re as up to date with our jabs as we can be so weā€™ll wait and see.

1 Like

Richard, yes it has always been part of my daily routine :slight_smile: I forgot to mention that during covid I started taking several deep breaths (7 - 10) through the nose while washing to maximize the benefits. It works for me. But I suppose a hot shower would work as well.

1 Like

Hi Richard, Iā€™m reading this only nowā€¦I hope youā€™ll get well soon! In the meanwhile just rest, itā€™s the only way to get all your energies back.

1 Like

Hang in there we had it last year in June the fog came after the cough stayed for about 5 weeks we had had 3 injections hate to think what it could have been like without them stay safe keep warm and donā€™t push your self it takes time to get over it I was positive for about a week and a half.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you are sick Richard. Rest up and I hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

:frowning: I hope you feel better soonā€¦

1 Like

Get well soon Richard @Richard_close2u

Strange isnā€™t it, Covid has disappeared from the news in the UK and yet in the last couple of months I have heard of more relatives, friends and acquaintances with it than I ever have had since the start, most of them like you have had all the jabs.

Michael

2 Likes

Get well soon Richard

1 Like

Richard, I hope your unwanted visitor leaves soon. It looks like this Community is providing you at least a bit of distraction from feeling cruddy!

1 Like

Hello Richard, I hope youā€˜ll get well soon. All the best :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Still testing positive.
Still feeling lousy.
:frowning:

1 Like

I dare not say or suggest anything, but I do pray for you several times a day, that you will get well asap! :heart: :heart: :heart: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Careful there, I ended up passing out, falling and hitting my head on the granite counter. Was not a pretty sight! All fine now though. Told people I was in a bar fight. :rofl:

2 Likes

Get well soon Richard! Wish you all the best :+1::grin:

1 Like

Thatā€™s because the jabs canā€™t keep up with the mutations. Similar to the flu, you never know for sure if the yearly shot will be effective or not. Itā€™s a crap shoot.

3 Likes

Exactly this. I had my first ever flu jab in time for this winter and I caught the most hideous bout of flu in February anyway that put me in bed for 11 days and took many weeks to recover from.

In terms of being careful thereā€™s only so much you can do before youā€™ve basically got no life and still could catch these things. I rarely go to pubs, get my groceries delivered, live alone and only go to the office once a week on either a Monday or Friday which are the quiet days but I still caught covid last summer and then this awful flu thing this year.

2 Likes

Been there, man, not a good feeling. Youā€™ll get better after a couple of weeks. Stay strong and positive.

1 Like

I assume you mean mentally :sweat_smile:

Cheers,

Keith

4 Likes