Buzz….OFF

During the day, I leave my guitar in the lounge relatively close to the aircon vent which is where I usually work from. Night time, I turn the AC off, so essentially it’s exposed to both temperatures.
Hopefully it may be only part my technique and part climate.

Thanks so much Tom

1 Like

Cate, I think maybe a local guitar repair shop can set the guitar up so the problems are taken care of. Or go back to the shop where you bought it and ask them to exchange it for another of the same guitar.

1 Like

Cost isn’t an issue here. Even the cheapest guitar (which yours is not) shouldn’t buzz. Cheapest usually means poor tone.
Post a video. Without hearing what you mean we can’t realistically comment.

2 Likes

I started off with a Yamaha APX600 and they are pretty good guitars. I’ve never had any issue with buzz so probably the setup.

1 Like

Thanks Stephen. The shop I bought it from is only 20 mins from me so will take it in and see what they suggest. It’s only 2 months old with a years warranty. Hopefully they’ll swap it, fix it or tell me I’m the problem….but I just still feel it’s the string. It’s in tune but very tinny/twangy/pingy. Not sure the word to use but not pleasant on the ear.

Thank you

When I pin down my son at some stage today, I’ll get him to video it. I struggle to do all that tech stuff with just a phone and my iPad is on its way out and would have a conniption trying.

I felt it wasn’t too cheap but when reading here all the guitars people are buying, looking them up and seeing the prices, I thought perhaps mine was on the very low end spectrum.

Thank you Gordon

1 Like

Thanks James. It is a nice guitar. Looks lovely, the Maple Flame. Just wished it sounded as nice. I’ll ask the guys at the shop. Hopefully it’s a simply tweak/swap or they’ll tell me it’s a me problem and to go back home and practice more. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Good Luck Cate.

Stephen

1 Like

I get alot of buzz trying everything to stop It, then there times I get no buzz and I like wow how that happen?
Then it back grrr.
Do we try to hard? do we over think things?
Try writing a song with buzzing notes, oh there not buzzing now are they.
I think it the guitar testing yo

1 Like

That store has a solid reputation.

1 Like

Hi Cate, hope you are ok. Sounds like you’ve moved on a bit, nice job. I was just reading Mark’s comments. My guitar has been in the loft for nearly 30 years. I dusted it off, gave it a clean and restrung it. It didn’t occur to me that the neck might have moved. I took it to the local shop and they set it up for me, works fab now. Definitely worth getting it checked out.

1 Like

I was playing it last night without fretting the string and it’s really awful on the ear. I’d say a quick tweak and it’ll be fine. As for writing a song……I’d be lucky if I can write a rhythmic birthday card. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

I believe so also Stephen. When we both bought our guitars, they were super helpful. Not pushy salespeople at all. Just really decent people. The owner (I believe he was), was really lovely so I’ve no issues about popping back in and seeing what they suggest. I take it you are or once was a Brisvegas resident?

Hey Angie, lovely to hear from you. Slow progression but progression is better than none. Hope you’re doing okay also.
My brother started learning Jet Plane and the convenience of him living so close, we’ll pop in to each others every now and then and have a very amateur ‘ish’ jam session/practice. So decided to give it a go, using the Big G, Cadd9, Dsuss4 chords, which I actually prefer.
What I’m getting from all the helpful comments is just as you said, climate, temperature etc that’s possibly realigned the sound a tad. Hopefully The Guitar Centre will sort it out being only a couple of months old.

Thanks for you reply. Hope everything is coming along for you also x

1 Like

I’m hoping, if they’re is a problem with the guitar, they’ll swap it for me as opposed to working on it being that it is only new. Anyway, will see. I should have gone yesterday when open but other things arose so will head in there tomorrow. Cheers Stephen

Hey Cate, yes, all coming along here too, though not quickly. I’ve been playing with the new chords too but not tried F yet. Have a couple of times which are getting there now and one which is s bit harder. Trying to play Luka too with the stick finger chords and like you, I prefer some of them to those learned in grade 1. I’m still a bit confused as to when to use which chords but I guess I need to revisit the lesson. Having fun though and playing pretty h every day. Great to chat. Take care😎

1 Like

Oh darl, I’ve tried F since the day I began….40yrs ago but it was my absolute nemesis and quit but here we are, 40yrs later…and still failing :face_with_diagonal_mouth: but this time I’m staying defeated. I’m not going to make it a must do priority but simply set aside a couple of minutes each day while working on other chords/songs. And talking of songs, I hadn’t even thought of it, being such an oldie, Luka. What a great song choice. Ol Miss Vega. That takes me back. Great to hear you’re progressing and most likely at the same rate as myself. I don’t feel as though I’m heading leaps and bounds at all. Quite the opposite. Almost limbo land but I’ve also had ‘a week’ that’s distracted me, which I’m sure we all have so it’s slow and steady. In the meantime, I’m going to go in search of Luka now. Thank you for the reminder and thank you for your message. So lovely hearing back from you about your progression and just how you are.

Take care….message soon

Cate

1 Like

Lula is in the Justin sing app if that helpd. Chat soon

1 Like

Off in search. Thanks Angie. Chat soon

1 Like

Will do

1 Like