Bytron08 - April 2022 - Imagine Dragons, CCR, REM, Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol & more

Thanks toby! Lol that sucks! I thought it had something to do with my microphone

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Yeah, I’ve not pumped up the master volume on my amp much beyond 3. I can crank the gain full on and the volume to midway, which sounds good but control loudness with that master volume.

@Bytron08 it is the sound waves entering into the body of the acoustic which causes all the havoc. YOU can get a cover to plug the sound hole which might help.

Sounds about right. If I detach the headphones with vol on 5/10 and master on 3/10 I can maintain marital bliss !

A sound hole cover will lesson the feedback Byron and relatively inexpensive.
Found a “local” source to give you an idea

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SHCover–cordoba-soundhole-cover-for-classical-guitar

:sunglasses:

I suspect if I open my sliding door and turn up gain, volume, engage True Valve Power, and turn up the master volume the neighbour may be calling the missus before the cops :laughing: All that from a 15W modelling/solid state amp.

Lol thanks guys i may have to give that a shot!! Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Hey guys so i relearned this song again so i can perform it in front of my pre k students at my elementary school. Teached asked me if i could play for them on music day or something like that so i said sure!!! This is the song ill play and sing for them!! Thoughts? Have You Ever Seen The Rain Cover - YouTube

7 Likes

Cool. Sounded good sir. To answer your question, I have seen the rain coveraudio, I keep it in the garage next to the patio cushions. Cheers!

1 Like

Sweet sounds to start my day, Bytron. Taylor sounding mighty fine.

Failed to mention how cool it is to introduce kids to guitar. You are now more than just a playa, you are an ambassador. Keep us posted!

Pretty cool Byron.

Also @CT, lol.

That was very enjoyable Byron.

Nice to see that you’re doing it for the kids. I hope you and they enjoy it and that it inspires some of them to take up the guitar.

Another great cover Byron. Good luck with your students.

I think that it’s a great song to play for them, I learned this last year for a singer who is on our holiday home park, she doesn’t play guitar and knew that I did and asked me if I could. You played and sang it really well, nice one!

Really cool kid you are Bytron, kids will be happy I am sure :wink:

That’s great Byron, really cool to introduce kids to classics like this one, CCR was such an inspiring band.

Nice cover, Byron, although CCR for pre k? My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter is out back atm singing Wind The Bobbin Up! You’ll know best though :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

LOL! I dont know any kids songs maybe i need to learn some haha.

Thanks guys for the comments! Trying to think of another song that would be good for them, most songs I know are kinda inappropriate LOL.

Justin had a nice lesson on Taylor Swift’s song which probably is something kids listen to these days:

1 Like

Perhaps an approach that could work would be to consider the animated movies and their soundtracks that are age appropriate. Given the speed at which you learn songs, you could even ask the kids what their favourite animated films are and then pick songs from those films.

And Shake It Off was such a song in one of those films (don’t ask me which one) but remember the diva pig singing it :laughing: