Bytron08 - August 2022 - Oasis, Soundgarden, Coldplay, some bass guitar & more

Beautiful job Byron. You really have it down. I saw Oasis in 1995 in Germany. Liam Gallagher eat your heart out…Byron has it going on

get well soon

Thanks guys!! Nice @SDKissFan I would have loved to see them! I checked out high flying birds and man they are good to! Thanks for telling me about them! :smiley: Maybe ill do champagne supernova next haha!

@SgtColon I love the song in the heat of the moment!

1 Like

That is a great tune. :+1:

This is the next song Im working on! Wish me luck with it!! Fell on black days preview - YouTube

4 Likes

Bytron, sounds like it’s going to be a good one, so good luck with it. Look forward to the whole thing. Subjectively, you might think about dialing back the verb a bit.

Thanks Oldhead! Yeah maybe ill dial it back some for sure!

Sounding good Byron, there’s a few from Soundgarden I’d like to learn myself.

Yeah soundgarden is an amazing band and I love chris for sure.

1 Like

Nice start, Byron!

Another Soundgarden lover here. I’ve tried to tackle Blow Up the Outside World and Burden In My Hand, based on Ryan Lendt’s excellent campfire versions…check him out on YouTube if you’re so inclined.

But these are Dreamer songs for me…at least for now.

Thanks man! Yeah Ive been subscribed to him for a bit, hes really good for sure!

1 Like

Sounded good sir! Not sure why the small preview.

While we’re being subjective, for better or worse, some people really like their reverb here. Hard to say whether someone who uses it a fair amount of the time would sound better with less of it or none at all. Depending on the recording methods and gear, dropping the reverb down might make things sound a bit too thin.

It’s a live recording in a bedroom with an ambient mic. It can be a case of being careful what you ask for. I assume that Bytron has weighed his options and has set the levels in his recording optimally (or to his personal preference). Too thin and lifeless is worse than heavily reverb’d.

Guitar playing is the focus on the forum, with vocals being farther down the list of importance (otherwise we would all be on a barber shop quartet message board). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another Soundgarden head here, will be interesting to see how you develop this project. Love the song and you played it really well in this short preview. All the best and good luck

1 Like

Thanks CT! Hope your well! I just wanted to do a small preview and wanted to record the chorus as i dont know the full song yet lol. I still gotta learn the solo and verses and just wanted to share what i had on it thus far! Sorry about that :slight_smile: But yeah as for the reverb, ya know i love my reverb haha! Cheers!

Sounding good so far Byron, Soundgarden are awesome.

I’m liking this so far, Bytron, look forward to the full song.

Not a band or song I’m familiar with Byron but I enjoyed your version. Looking forward to the full thing once you’ve got it down.

Thanks guys! I cant wait to finish it!

@Bytron08
@CT

Bytron, To be absolutely clear, and contrary to Clint’s comment, I didn’t ask for
anything; just said you might want to think about dialing back the verb a bit.
Of course you’ll play it the way you see it.

Clint, For the 5 1/2 years I’ve been on this forum, members and moderators have given suggestions, subjective statements, etc. to others. Shortly after I started my guitar journey here in 2017, I received suggestions, subjective statements about blowing red embers out of the tops of my faders. Thank you members for that tidbit.

As far as reverb, I’m grateful to this day that members and Justin himself helped to pull me out of a vat of reverb about 5 years ago. Just because someone offers a suggestion about something certainly doesn’t mean anyone has to take that suggestion and run with it. It really is a personal decision.

And yes, the main thrust of the forum is guitar - I think - but the times, they are a changing.

I appreciate your lesson on reverb, and I will take it under advisement, as I do other suggestions and opinions.