Bytron08 - August 2022 - Oasis, Soundgarden, Coldplay, some bass guitar & more

My fav cash song is def hurt. But I like Folsom prison also

1 Like

Hi. Byron. I too am going to be frank. I felt that was forced and artificial. I much prefer your normal voice. Stick to being you. You post some great stuff on AVoYP so thereā€™s no need to try to sound like someone youā€™re not.

1 Like

Thanks sairs I appreciate the comment!! :slight_smile:

So true. You have the ability to make songs your own, take them and make them a Byron version with your spin on it. Just like everyone else, sometimes it will work and sometimes it wonā€™t, only one way to find out.

Thanks socio!! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure what you mean susie you mean when you sing and record it sounds different.

@Bytron08 I mean my recorded voice sounds different to me than what I hear while Iā€™m singing. Sorry if I confused you.

Oh yeah itā€™s kinda like that for me to lol itā€™s weird

1 Like

Have to agree with Lieven and Gordon on this one, Bytron. Susieqā€™s suggestion of getting closer to the mic is good, but it wonā€™t help what youā€™re doing with this; in fact it might exacerbate the problem.

2 Likes

Then switch it up mate. Make the song fit you. Change the key, change the time signature, do whatever you want with itā€¦ explore it, try different thingsā€¦ make it your ownā€¦ Hurt by Byron

Thanks Socio, yeah your right!

Hey guys so i know ive done this one many times but i kinda change it up a little. This is my regular voice so you guys should like it more! :slight_smile: Hurt Original Voice Cover - YouTube

3 Likes

That was much better Byron. Just singing it from your soul with your own voice and feeling makes it sound so much better.

I agree with Socioā€¦ much better this time

Thanks guys! Yeah think i have to agree!

This is my first time hearing you so I have nothing to compare to, but my first take on it is that you have a GREAT voice! Your accuracy is impressive. You have a nice natural raspiness on the high end. I can picture you fronting a 90s indie bandā€¦ a bit of a Built to Spill thing going on. :slight_smile:

Wow thanks for the compliment man! Im glad you enjoyed it! Alot of people say i sound like neil young but i have to detune my guitar usually to do his songs.

Neil Young is a good comparison. Funny Built To Spill did ā€œCortez The Killerā€ super extendo version. Embrace that sound. Itā€™s working great for you.

Interesting! Just no listened to cortez, so i sound like them you think? They kinda remind me of oasis a little. Thanks for pointing out built to spill ive never heard of them.

Well, they are the first ones that came to mind as that quintessential 90s indie band at least. :slight_smile: But you could check out Pavement, Chavez, even Nirvana on the extreme end.

I think in general that pitch accuracy withstanding a bit of strain on the high end is fairly common amongst that 90s sound but not the easiest thing to pull off. It stretches me way beyond what my voice can naturally do so I stay away from it.