Bytron08 - March 2022 - Adele, Pink Floyd, Don Henley, Passenger, John Legend. & more

Thanks guys!!! @tRONd I appreciate it but I still have to polish up alot of my playing ability’s. Im kinda a messy player lol. Theres few songs i can do really really good, but others I miss beats and such I guess it comes from not knowing where to start and such. Glad you liked it though!!! :slight_smile: Rock on!!

1 Like

Awesome work @Bytron08 , this one’s on my list to get to. I got into Live when I was out in the US for 6 months when Throwing Copper came out and just loved this tune. Justin’s lesson brought back some good memories!
Liking your solo-ing over the top of your rhythm stuff, progress is really clear to see :clap:

Hey Bytron, Community is so busy with AVOYPs that I’ve not been missed a few of yours … you are so prolific it’s tough to keep up :rofl:

I enjoyed the rhythm and energy of this one as usual.

I suggest you check your recording levels, certainly the final rendered audio from Vegas but maybe the incoming levels as well. You were over 7dB louder than the YT norm which is to be avoided as they then apply a limiter. Also thought I picked up some clipping/distortion at times.

Its all good!! :smiley: Thanks David Ill keep that in mind, maybe i need to lower the volume on my mic, that would help probably.

1 Like

Thanks notter!! I’m happy you like my solo lead stuff!! :slight_smile:

Hey guys so i ended up redoing this one with some lead in it and backing vocals i guess it came out better lol. Song is hard to do for sure! Here it is! Boys Of summer Cover - YouTube

7 Likes

Good stuff. I played around with that riff when Justin’s lesson first came out. Thanks for sharing. You are definitely on your way with that one.

Nice job, Byron.

Thanks you two! :smiley:

Wow that’s a difficult one Byron. Very complex phrasing and strumming. You made a good job of it though and I enjoyed your version.

Nice one Byron. As Gordon has said, not an easy one to do. A nice mix of strumming and fingerstyle as well.

That was a great effort on a difficult song @Bytron08. Well played sir. :+1:

Thanks guys heres my second take on it with some lead hope you guys will like it! :smiley:

Byron,
Nice… I liked your doubled up vox, play and the roaming dog! Pretty good tone on the guitar too. You need to show us more of what you are doing. The mic covered up much of your strumming hand and the cam was a bit too close to catch you and the fretting hand. I know it is hard to get it just so though. But all in all, a fine job!

All the best to you,
LB

Hi Bytron:

I really loved this song when it came out-brings back great memories. When Justin introduced it as a lesson I added it to my list of songs to hopefully learn. I think you really did well with the rhythm of the song. The chords are fairly easy, just getting the riff in sync seems challenging to me. I like the microphone idea for recording videos. I think I need to do the same and get a microphone so people can better hear my vocals; not sure what kind to get yet.

Hello again figured i would do 2 songs this morning as i cant sleep lol. I do this a lil different and in my own way, hope you guys like it! :smiley: Wish You Were Here Cover - YouTube

5 Likes

Very nice! But you do look a bit tired! Hope you can catch up on the sleep later.

Good use of awake time, though and a smooth rendition. Thanks!

Wonderful playing Byron. You nailed that one.

You are quite prolific with you tunes and I was wondering if you have a top 5 campfire list that you do?

No I don’t but songs I know by heart that I could do at a campfire would be radioactive gold on the ceiling hero blue on black and maybe alright now

Ah Mr B, we always know what to expect when you perform. You are incredibly consistent and a really good rhythm guitarist. :slight_smile:

To me, this is a great song about being detached and not seeing things clearly. I view it as a cautionary tale of sorts. Stay passionate about life, see things clearly (yes, that again), connect with others, feel things and show some emotion.