Bytron08's - February 2022 - Hendrix, Beatles, Free, REM, Green Day & more

Perhaps the vocal on this one needs a little more practice, Bytron? Mix of strumming and picking sounded great.

Not trying to be cruel but you really need to stop reading the words. Your timing is way
off from your playing. You need to listen to and sing to the original.
Even if your trying to make the song your own the playing and singing need to be in sinc
Don’t this personally but if your goal is to play live for money this is the number 1 thing
you need to work on

You get such beautiful tones out of your guitar Bytron and you play so well. Well done.

Hey guys! I figured i would redo this one because a couple of you said my timing and vocals were off. It could be because i was trying to play quiet so I wouldnt wake my bro up, but heres a slightly different version, hopefully its better! :smiley: ENjoy! While My Guitar Gently Weeps Take 2 - YouTube

6 Likes

Hey B-tron,
Nice stuff… I liked the guitar work, even more so the little lead in on the intro area. A close second is the vox, that could maybe use a bit of touching up?

Nice job throughout and over all!

Hey, are you getting out, enjoying others posts and commenting on them? I don’t see much of that from you, while in the past you did. Hope all is rocking there and ok…

LB

Hey guys! SO i just found out about this song yesterday and wanted to do a cover of it as I LOVE this song SOOOO much!!! I can def relate to this one also lol. Just a nice surprise!!! Hope you guys enjoy! She's Gone Cover SteelHeart - YouTube

6 Likes

P.S I had to do it different because theres no way i can sound like the original lol. That guys voice gets so high its crazy!

Your usual high standard, Byron. Great work.

Thanks will die!! Appreciate the comment!! :slight_smile:

Not much more I can say about your playing, singing, and productions, Bytron.

I did notice on this one that it was 4dB over the YT norm and so audio would have been turned down (not sure how they do that)

As always Bytron you’ve given us something good to listen to. The bridge really echoes the emotion of this song. Something else I like in this one is that you look right into the camera as you sing.

Thanks Batwoman! Yeah this song means alot to me lol. Thanks for pointing out the positives!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nicely done… good play and full, powerful vox on display here.

Same deal, are you getting out to comment on others stuff?

Thanks and keep rock’n,
LB

Thanks LBro. Yeah i know sorry i havnt been commenting and ive mainly been recording in the mornings before work and havnt had time :smiley: Ill make sure to listen and comment to others today!

1 Like

Thank you Byron for taking the “reminder” in an understanding way. I am glad you were just busy and not under the weather or the big bad Covid was holding you back! Keep up the good play, vox and song too mano! Hey, maybe you take a day off work and just jam? Better yet, use some of the wages to pick up an electric, then make it scream!
:wink:
Take good care!
LB

Thanks LBro, haha yeah i need a electric lol

Hello! Figured I would do another song! I love this song and been meaning to do it. I know theres a couple mistakes here and there and i do read while playing lol. I know I know i need to get out of doing that haha. Anyways i kinda did it in my own way, hope you guys enjoy it! ♪♫ Higher Love Cover (:Acoustic:) - YouTube

1 Like

I always enjoy your covers, Bytron.

Well, I guess that depends.

If you are happy with learning a large repertoire of songs, adding the lead, sharing and moving on then don’t sweat it. And many of the folk at the OM I play it, and I mean people way above my play-grade, still have lyrics in front of them though don’t read every line. So even an OM could be done with lyric sheets.

But if you want to lift your game to a higher level then one way of doing that could be to focus on focusing on fewer songs, selecting your favourites, and then learning the lyrics, playing with the original to fine-tune timing etc.

I can say that I’d heard the suggestion to put the effort in to play and sing from memory from around year 2/3. But I wasn’t ready. And to my surprise, when I felt ready, a year or so later I have found myself able to learn and remember songs, play them without too much stress. It takes me some time but I think I am a better performer for it.

So no pressure, figure out what you want to achieve, what is your next, and when you are ready and want it then I guess you’ll happily put in the time to achieve it. Cause you got the playing and singing ability.

Thanks David! Yeah your right! I mean I know some songs by heart and dont have to read the lyrics, it just takes me longer to study and get the songs i like etched into my head… So i just read some of them because its just faster that way. My memory is bad as it is lol. Not that i can do it… I guess i can just be lazy about it to lol. I just have not gotten really super serious about my music honestly. If i did i would be performing at places but i just like sitting in my bedroom and playing haha.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I found it near ‘impossible’. And no I find I am getting better as I go. I am a great believer in neuroplasticity … a fancy word that just means we have the capacity to learn new things … and it seems to me that the more I am deliberate about the learning of songs, the more I seem able to memorise the lyrics. Seems esoteric but seems the way it is.

Hey, nothing wrong with that. If it makes you happy and it’s what you want to do all power to you. Keep learning songs, recordings, sharing. I’ll keep enjoying watching you play … and putting it the back of my mind that one day I want to play those muted strumming rhythms and blend the picking and strumming just like Bytron does.