Can I broadcast the App to a Windows computer?

Hi there,
I have subscribed to Justin’s app (Android) in the past. The structure, content, etc. is excellent. However, I find it very difficult to do anything on a small device (age, eyesight, etc). I always try to practice on my nice large Windows computer. I have tried in the past to ‘cast’, or use ‘emulators’ to see my device on Windows - but this has been very frustrating. I want to focus on practicing guitar - not technology!

So, bottom line … my wishlist? If only Justin’s excellent app could be ported to Windows … if only I could buy this excellent app as a Windows app - I would buy or re-subscribe to it in a heartbeat!!!

1 Like

Dale, if you have a smart tv or a streaming device, you may be able to screen mirror the app there.

Thanks Tbushell,

That’s a good suggestion. But for me, I have my practicing area, and all my materials all set up in my office where my Windows computer is. Also, I have other software on my Windows computer such as GuitarPro and Amplitube. It sure would be nice if Justin’s app could be made available for Windows! Thanks anyway!

You can run the android version of the app on bluestacks on Windows, 8 do this it works fine

https://www.bluestacks.com/

I did try bluestacks quite a while ago, but maybe it’s been improved. I’ll give it another try. Thanks!

There is an app if you are an Android user with more modern phone called Link to Windows. Basically it mirrors your phone screen onto your pc and you can control it over from your laptop as if you were touching phone’s screen. Give it a go it should help

Thanks! I’ll give that a try as well.

scrcpy will work to remote desktop an android phone but not sure it does audio

I’ve been using Bluestacks for months, solely for the JG app, and it runs it fine. As well as the benefit of a larger screen, you also get far superior sound quality from your PC audio system, and can easily record your performances if desired.

The only minor issue I recall having is that initially I couldn’t get the app to recognise that I was subscribed. That was solved by going to Google Play using my PC web browser, and installing the app to my emulated device from there, instead of directly from the device.

Thanks Tbushell,

That’s a good suggestion. But for me, I have my practicing area, and all my materials all set up in my office where my Windows computer is. Also, I have other software on my Windows computer such as GuitarPro and Amplitube. It sure would be nice if Justin’s app could be made available for Windows! Thanks anyway!

Windows 11 is supose to have support for android apps. Not sure how well it works since I’m still running windows 10 since my PC won’t support win11.

I tried bluestacks on my PC because i wanted to run the fender tone app for my amp but the bluestacks emulator could not use the PC’s bluetooth connection. if you don’t need to stream your audio to an bluetooth speaker then bluestacks may work.

I also tried streaming android tablet to a TV but there was too much latency to use the app with my TV. I use the app on a samsung A7 tablet which i think is currently under $200. Not as big as a PC screen but I can see that pretty easy and the app works much better with the new version of the app.

Bluestacks does work. See my post above.

I use Amplitude and Bluestacks to play along with the JC app all the time, as well as record my performances. Works like a charm.

App works on bluestack that is good for those that need a bigger screen or don’t want to buy a new phone or tablet. I assume that you are using your computer speakers/soundcard or wired headpones. I could not get bluestacks to connect to bluetooth devices when i tried it a few months ago.

Yes, sorry, I was responding to you saying that it “may” work as long as no bluetooth is required, as I know it definitely works fine with physical outputs and audio interfaces. :slight_smile: I never use bluetooth on my PC so hadn’t looked into that myself.

I seem to have a lot of latency issue with bluetooth anyway. my initial bluestacks attempt was to use the fender tone app to control my amp settings when i ran into bluetooth limitation.
:guitar: