Can I Upload without YouTube

Hi my name is John I live in Scotland
Is it possible to up load a recording to the website without using YouTube? I’m not ready for YT yet.
I joined Justin guitar lessons a couple of years ago, but have never put any of my recordings up.
I have been playing badly for years and never seem to play anything all the way through.
So I took myself back to the beginning as if I’d never played before, it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. ( using Justin’s guitar lessons)
I now write and record my own music using GarageBand, so that has also been a huge learning curve , I’ve only touched the sides of recording so I’m not great at it, but determined to learn.
I have one acoustic guitar and thee excellent budget electric guitars by Harley Benton and a Harley Benton inspired Rickenbacker bass.
My singing isn’t great either. But I’m building my confidence up and think I might be ready to share my work.
So how do I go about uploading to the Justin community ?

Hi John,

Know that you can upload to an account on YouTube and set the video to unlisted so that only those with a link can see.

Otherwise, you can put in any cloud sharing folder (e.g. one drive, google drive) and share the link.

Hi John ,
This is easiest way, but if this is really not for you, there are some other options, but there are not many, in any case good luck and I look forward to your video

And indeed you can set the setting to private unlisted and place the link here so that the video does not “just” appear on others’ timeline…hope this helps

Greetings ,Rogier

I’d echo what’s been said above. Just because YouTube hosts the video doesn’t mean the whole world can see it and comment on it. You can make the video unlisted and also turn off comments. My playing is nothing special, and I’m certainly not looking for YouTube stardom but it was much the easiest way to get feedback from this wonderful community

Hi thanks for that.
A[quote=“Socio, post:2, topic:326420, full:true”]
Hi John,

Know that you can upload to an account on YouTube and set the video to unlisted so that only those with a link can see.

Otherwise, you can put in any cloud sharing folder (e.g. one drive, google drive) and share the link.
[/quote]

As usual I read the info on the site after I made my post, sorry :joy: I’ll download iMovie and try to upload something soon.
Cheers

As usual I read the info on the site after I made my post, sorry :joy: I’ll download iMovie and try to upload something soon.
Cheers