Can’t help falling in love and Don't Cry

Hi Clint,

Thanks very much. I decided to dust myself off and keep trying at guitar playing. A lot of people really wanted to hear me play again after my short hiatus.

Hey Jeff, I gave both your latest recordings a listen. You done well with the elvis track. The strumming on that track sounded much improved to me. Keep on practicing that one from time to time.

Hey thanks for listening. The Elvis song kind of started as a conversation at a party like what songs do you like to hear. Old stuff, like what. Oh that old Elvis song he even played on the Conjuring part 2. So I ended up trying it and seemed like a winner. I’ll keep working on both. The habit I decided to break is that habit of just doing a video then moving on to a new song and almost never touching the first song again.

Jeff, nice version on an Elvis song. The clean electric vibe and steady triplet strumming with a little reverb brings to mind U2 covering an EP song. I’ll have to try your interpretation some time. Thanks.

Hi Jeff, I listened to both versions and I liked the version of Don’t Cry in standard tuning much better. It seems to me that when you tuned to Eb tuning that one of the strings got out of tune and is off on some of the chords. You might want to check that. Otherwise I think the chord progressions and strumming is going well and just needs a little more practice.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for listening. After trying this one I was really happy with how it sounded. Always can get better

1 Like

Hi Steve,

That was my first try at anything outside of standard tuning. That makes me feel a little better that it was not a complete train wreck. Tuning is an easy fix. I appreciate the advice.

1 Like

Nice!!!
Sounded very good !!
Seems like a good, funny song to practice playing standing. I’m gonna take a look at it :smile:

I think you should move the mic closer to you, your guitar is drowning out your voice.

Thanks for the tip. Several people mentioned that for my songs. The honest answer is I need to get a better audio set up. This microphone is really more for karaoke than performance. I’m working on upgrading though. Have a good day.

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for listening. The good thing about that song (Elvis) is it’s very short and basic lyrics so easy to learn. I’m glad you liked my version :smile:

Well good luck and I hope you get your well deserve setup.

Thank you and happy 2024.