Canine Valentine (original song)

Hi guys,
Because you’re all so nice I thought I’d share this with you. I lost my lovely dog Ramsay (an English Springer Spaniel) about a year ago. I’d had him for 14 years. To help me deal with the anniversary I wrote a little, quite silly song. It’s basically a song sung by a dog to its owner, so it’s a valentine from the dog to it’s mum/dad. Like I say it’s a bit daft, like a spaniel, and I fluff it a bit because it can make me a bit emotional. Hope you like it, the dog owners will hopefully get it :slightly_smiling_face::dog: will try and include a picture of the dog in question too. (Backing vocal credit to Ziggy as usual)

15 Likes

Jeez Liz got me all teary :cry: our GSD Sophie is 13 in June and the clocks ticking. Springers are barking mad and bundles of fun, my daughter had a couple that sadly passed too early, so brought back memories.

A lovely song with lovely lyrics, played and sung with love. Thank you.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, @TheMadman_tobyjenner we really suffer when we lose them, but only because they’re so wonderful when we have them xx

3 Likes

Hey Liz, that was great. Using music to do something meaningful to you or someone you know is always something special.
Kudos to you :smiley:
It reminded me of a song a friend of mine in a band wrote Dumb Animals
How can you not love dogs?

1 Like

Hi Liz,
Well done. I like originals a lot and this is no exception. Such a sad subject, yet your love shines through and brightens up the effort. Nice play and vox make this a special offering…

All the best and keep rock’n,
LB

1 Like

What a lovely boy was your Ramsay and what a smile and tear making anniversary song he’s written for you Liz. I imagine just posting his picture would have bought back memories. Thankyou for sharing his handsome face with us.

They have a way of worming into the hidden corners of our hearts and never leaving.

1 Like

… and then we damn well go and adopt another one or two from the rescue shelter. After I had my last four footed euthanized two years ago, my heart turned to stone and I made the decision to have no more. For the first time in my entire life I have no animals. It’s very strange, sort of numb, but my the house stays so much cleaner.

1 Like

Wow this is absolutely beautiful!

Your music gives me a little bit of a Joni Mitchell vibe!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loved it, Liz, all the love comes through, both in your song and the photo.

Thanks for sharing with us.

1 Like

Yep. So far I’m sticking with my bird. House is too quiet with no animals at all but Ziggy could possibly live 30 years :crossed_fingers:t2:.

1 Like

Wonderful singing and playing Liz, and a great original song. Brought tears to my eyes. I’m sure all the dog owners will get it. We lost our 14 year old Lab just over a year ago and we’re still trying to adjust to life without him. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was wonderful Liz. Loved the lyrics and a nice bit of playing.

Dogs bring so much joy into your life and it’s horrible when you lose them, so thank you for sharing that.

2 Likes

A really nice song, warm and heartfelt. And your voice is great.

I’m a dog lover too - we have two border collies, both 15. Also have two cats. The cats are great pets but the dogs are family. We’ve had them since they were puppies. Such a huge part of our lives.

2 Likes

OMG what a beautiful song, very heartfelt and sincere plus played and sung very nicely!
I really don’t know what else to say, I’ve been through this with my Cat Sam, a Ginger Tom who was taken from me when he was only 21/2 years old with Cancer; 🥲🥲🥲

1 Like

Oh that’s really sad when you lose them young :cry:. Ramsay was 14 and 4 months, a good age for his breed, I’d had him from 9 weeks.

2 Likes

That was really nice Liz, I am sure your dog would be all happy with tails flying around while hearing it as it was great.

1 Like

Absolutely fabulous, Liz. I’m a dog lover and totally get it. We have two yorkies, both 4 years old, and they would love to catch the neighbourhood squirrel.

1 Like

Oh wow! Watery eyes before I even heard your video. Just from your intro. Well played and sang. Love your embellishments; and where you suddenly muted. Hehe, I thought the squeaks were from a cleverly placed dog’s squeaky toy. Way to go, Liz and Ziggy! And sorry for your loss on this sad anniversary. Handsome Ramsay❤️. Writing a song such as this can be quite therapeutic. It helped me with my grief when I lost my 14 yr old Yorkie, Andy.

2 Likes

Did you share your song? I’d like to hear it x

Thank you, Liz. I sent it to you in your messages.

1 Like