Cannot get to grade 3

The app is stuck at Module 14. It will not advance to module 15/ Grade 3. Super frustrating

1 Like

Sorry, I just realized that you meant that you can’t advance to the next grade in the app. The app only goes to grade 2. To get to grade 3, requires using the site. The site requires a different subscription.

I was a little bothered by this when I first heard about it but I realized that I would have payed for the app just for the songs to play along with.

2 Likes

Nope. I just hit the complete module 14 button and still stuck at 14. It will not advance. I tried deleting the app and redownloading it. Still didn’t work.

It’s normal. Unfortunately, the other modules are only available through the website. No app support.

1 Like

you are saying Grade 3 isn’t available through the app yet?

thanks. Yeah I may not have paid for the app if I had known this.

1 Like

The website lessons are free. No subscription required.

5 Likes

I share your disappointment. I wish that it was coming sooner.

2 Likes

He doesn’t charge on his website for anything? I didn’t realize that and I am glad that I paid for the app in that case. I was a little upset at the requirement for two payments then realized the value for what I am getting.

2 Likes

@Rqualls Exactly. Most courses are free on the website. Except the course with a $ sign : Music theory and strumming.

1 Like

Yes, they do say it but it is easy to miss as I did as well.

Not sure of you use them but the app allows you to play along to the song list, use the tuner, and metronome and I like the way it is set up. The playalong is not on the website. The cost is really low for what you get and Justin really appears to be in it for the love of teaching, not getting lots of cash. I also had a moment where I was frustrated about this but appears to be due to a transition from website to app.

The good news, that I didn’t know, is that there is no additional cost for the website, so just sign up and go from there.

And congrats on moving up to the intermediate level!

1 Like

Hello @jpbova and welcome to the community.
First, thanks for taking a subscription to the Songs & Lessons App.
Note - it has not always been called by that name.
When it was first created it was designed to provide a play-along to songs experience and as a supplement to the Beginner Course on the main website.
Period.
The main website is where you will find all lessons, course, resources and more … apart from the play-along with songs karaoke feature that is unique to the App.
In time, and as Justin worked with the App development team, Justin pushed for it to be expanded and host the video lessons from the Beginner course. These were added - along with other features not originally there too.
The App has seen some price increases, of necessity, though compared to where it started and what it offered, the increase in content has far and away outstripped the increase in its cost.
There are plans and work being done to try to get Grade 3 onto the App in the near future. That is not yet a reality however.
Hence, you are finding that the App is 'stuck at module 14. It does not go beyond.

I hope in light of what I describe in this ‘potted history’ that you set aside the disappointment you feel at not being able to continue with grade 3 on the App. Further, that you recognise it for what it is and what it offers and hopefully do not regret paying for it. All the play-along functionality is there - its original purpose - and that will continue to be more than useful for you as you progress.
Continue with grade 3 here.

3 Likes

The website requires requires no subscription whatever.
Zero cost.

3 Likes

Richard,
Thanks for the write up and response. I was using both the website and app, and I continue to use both. As I started thinking about it, I do not think I would be as far along as I am now without the app. The strumming lessons and songs are worth the price of admission, and I will stand by my statement that I might not have purchased the app had I known it only went to Grade 2. I am glad I did though. I will continue on with grade 3 on the website while still utilizing the app for songs and strumming exercises. It’s about changing my current systematic way of doing things.

Thanks,
Justin

2 Likes

I’d like to add, I was considering purchasing the app also until I realized Grade 3 wasn’t included, but at the time, I was very new to this site (heck, not even a month or so ago?) and had no clue really what the app or the website provided. For example, I didn’t realize how much practicing I needed to do to satisfy myself that I could go onto module 2 within Grade 1, and I am still going back and revisiting things I’m not happy with even though I’m finally in Grade 4 (where I am going to stay awhile as D minor is giving me fits!). So, I am buying that app after all because I realize how much the karaoke aspect could help though I am leery of all the complaints I’ve been reading about how many of the songs are just midi now. I really am enjoying learning with Justin Guitar!

@LunaRocket @jpbova @Rqualls @math07 @sairfingers

Grade 3 is now available on the app!

Please update to the latest version of the app (3.5.0) and enjoy the awesome new learning content available! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. Mine must have updated on its own, Grade 3 is already there. :smiley:

1 Like