Can't Help Falling in Love with you; Cold Missouri Waters

Since I finally got my recording setup to run sound into OBS, I figured I’d try to start recording some of the stuff I’ve been practicing recently. Here is my cover of Can’t Help Falling in Love.

Can’t Help Falling in Love:

Added Cold Missouri Waters:

15 Likes

Ricky

Great choice for your first song! Your accompoaniment was clear and kept good time. Well played!

Brian

1 Like

Good performance Ricky.
My only comment would be that the perceived wisdom for fingerstyle is to keep your thumb in front of your fingers. Your style seems to work for you though.
Well done.

1 Like

Good catch - It’s funny any time I’m using a pinch it automatically goes in front, but for an arpeggio it drops behind. One more habit to assess. I was working on this song because I learned how to travis pick a long time ago with thumb/index only, and am trying to get the remaining fingers moving smoothly and evenly. I wasn’t paying attention to what my thumb was doing. Thanks for the observation!

1 Like

Very enjoyable to listen to, Ricky. I always love hearing this one. I liked your hesitations between some of the verses. Added a little personal style to it. Nice vocals!!

1 Like

Here’s another song I’ve been working on - James Keelaghan’s Cold Missouri Waters. It’s a great song about the 1949 Mann Gulch Wildfire. He recorded a couple different versions, as did the group Cry Cry Cry

5 Likes

Ricky

Well played and sung: you could probably slow dow a little. The finger pattern and your voice in some sections reminded me of Tom Paxton.

Brian

Hello Rick, I find your cover very nicely played and sung…I much enjoyed the listening!