Caribou Slobber - Blues jam in celebration of CT's 1st home brew beer

It’s a tasty brown ale with a celebratory little blues looper jam:

8 Likes

Hey glad to see you back at it Clint, really sweet jam had a nice listen and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Wow, Clint, as much as I liked that performance, that was BLUES to bring ya down. Well done.

1 Like

That was very tasty, Clint but how did you find the homebrew? As tasty as the playing, I hope.

1 Like

Chilled vibe, Clint, slipped down as well as the ale must’ve done. Loved the tones, both BT and lead, laid back licks, lots of breathing room, smooth movement between a few different positions, and loved the outro with the left hand as the right went back for the ale. Rock on!

1 Like

Hi Clint,
Relaxed ,… :sunglasses:
Greetings,

1 Like

Hi Clint, I’ve missed you recently. A tasty brew indeed. I caught a hint of Hank Marvin and the Shadows in there perhaps? Lovely stuff.
Are you making your own bottle labels now too?

1 Like

Nice playing, hope the beer was good. I brew my own too, kegged another today should be ready soon.

1 Like

Thanks all for giving this a listen and for the kind words. I’ve been spread pretty thin --so my online activity has been a bit low. You know how @JustinGuitar is never around? I too am out and about doing other things, it doesn’t mean that you are not loved. :slight_smile: :heart: :heart_hands:

I set up a portable amp in the living room, so maybe I will crank out more tracks in the future. Hard to say. I hope to continue assaulting everyone’s senses, It’s the least I can do.

That said, beer was a natural progression from the other fermentations that I have been doing for years. Small batches, and tasty results. Cheers until the next time!

EDIT: OK, the loop in the background is an E, F#, G, F#, E bass line on the guitar. Break it down to a single beat per bar and you get “Billy Jean.” Go ahead, try it. Change it up a smidge to a few more thumps and you get what I just did. Play on playas!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to Guitarbrewtalk where we ask the age old question, "Does homebrew make you a better guitar player?’ I say if you drink responsibly it can help inspire. whatcha got going?

Aside from the Caribou Slobber, I have some Hefeweizen bottle conditioning (took an early sample and it was good). I have a BIAB SMaSH in the fermenter, needs a few more days before I bottle. Lastly I have an IPA from kit fermenting, which is still bubbling away. The SMaSH was real beer brewing and where my focus will be in the future if the beer comes out nice.

1 Like

Hey Clint, I caught this when it dropped and enjoyed it then, even if I didn’t comment.
Just had another listen and it seems to have matured some more :smiley:
Nice and mellow with a strong body and a hint of… nuts?!? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Hope that was vegan Caribou you were using :wink:

I used to do a lot of home brew in my college years but mainly wine kits just to save money. In my heyday I could have 15 gallons brewing simultaneously.
Just picked up two bags of stinking used hops from the local brewery for the missus’ compost heap :roll_eyes:
Good to hear you again though :smiley:

1 Like

Mine is a Fat Tire Clone (I named Fat a& Tired), I brew with allgrain, have done for the last 12 years. Kegging is definitely way less effort than bottling. Although not as visible when you need to brew more, I had to buy beer recently to see me through the drought. When I started there was very little craft brewing around, so it was the only way to get decent beer. Now there is so much craft beer around, it is less of a need. I can make English beer clones, which not many people do.

1 Like

Glad to see you back. I always enjoy your great guitar playing. Enjoy your beer.

1 Like

Great lead and I love the guitar tone. It reminds me of something from the 60s.

1 Like

Chilled as always Clint!!
Love your style, sounds awsome and the sound signature is yours. Almost pretty sure i could have picked it out as you without knowing it was your AVOYP :grin:
Keep em comin!!

1 Like

Thanks @tRONd. It’s funny, no matter the amp or guitar I tend to sound like me. Does that mean I have inadvertently found my own voice (for better or worse) on the instrument?

1 Like

No doubt in my mind, Clint, ‘for better’. You are always such an inspiring voice to encourage everybody to find their voice, discover their way to express themselves musically.

Keep sharing and I’ll keep enjoying your voice, sharing your music.

1 Like

If you amped up an Ukulele @CT i still am pretty sure i could recognize your sound :rofl: Cant put my finger on it… but i dont think it has much to do with witch amp you use. More your style of playing the guitar and the signature sound you get out of it… i think its supercool to have that abillity, and something you should be real proud of… it just sounds Clint…. And it sounds supercool…

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words as always. You guys rock!

1 Like

Clint,
I hope that grog tastes as good as it looks! Nice little deal you have going on with the guitar mate! Sounds good, though if I had a slog of the suds it might sound even better. Alas the liver is thin and even if you sent me some of your suds, I could not give it a go…

Keep up the good play and thanks for the slice view of what you are up to!
LB

1 Like